need help asap with audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

need help asap with audio

ok i have to get some audio stuff asap

i have been reading the threads but need to make an order now to get it in time

i need the following

i will be using this stuff with my pdx10 until i decide what camra i moving up to next but i would like the items i buy now to be easily integrated into a new system personally i am leaning to the Sony v1u

shotgun mic with boom

combo wireless uhf (2 lav or lav / handheld)

lavelair wired

handheld mic wired
Damien Greaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What's your target budget?????
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Your only options for wireless is the Sennheiser g2 system or the AT1800. My strong preference would be the AT. Dual receiver, more reliable as its diversity, and the ability to use the awesome AT899cw lav. Both systems offer butt plug for handheld mic, although you have to upgrade the Sennheiser to the 500 series to get phantom power. B&H has a deal right now that will get you the dual receiver AT1800, with two AT899cw lavs, butt plug, dynamic mic (not specified, but it's an Electrovoice in the picture), with hard case for $2,000. Great deal, you ask me. In fact, I'm buying it myself. Come on tax refund!
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Damien,

I've got a PDX10 too (not that it matters) and this is the gear I'm using with it:

Sennheiser ew100ENG G2, wireless UHF system. So far, pretty happy with it. Have had problems in NYC finding open channels sometimes.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...p?transid=G2-1

Sennheiser ME66 shotgun mic, I love this mic. I also use it as a handheld on occasion. Great price to quality ratio in my opinion. I picked it up used at BH.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...transid=003284

Can't remember my boom pole model and shock mount models off the top of my head. Gitzo and audio technica I think, not high-end, under $200 for both at B&H.

For wired lav, I have Sony ECM50 I picked up used on ebay. Don't use it that often.
Adam Bauser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio