What Software Do You Use To Edit Audio? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #16
Trustee

Goldwave.

http://goldwave.com/
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
I've used Cool Edit a lot before.

I'm not so familiar with some tech stuff (how to properly EQ, use of filters etc.), but basic editing is fine.

I use PC. Adobe CS3 programs, Premiere, After Effects and I'm thinking about starting to use Audition.

Will audition give me that?
Audition is Cool Edit, renamed when Adobe bought it from Syntrillium. It does permit you to import video clips and edit their audio while previewing picture. It only supports one video clip at a time however so you would use it in conjunction with your video editor, most likely Premiere I'd imagine, for your complete edit.
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #18
New Boot

There are a lot of good DAWs out there. Protools is the standard but not necessarily the best. I would recommend downloading demos of the major apps and trying them out. It really comes down to which DAW gives you the best work flow as they pretty much do the same things.

I use Sonar 7 with a RME Fireface 800 and love it. I also have an 002r with PT LE but never bought the DV toolkit. I have debated on getting a full TDM system but it’s hard for me to justify the cost. So I mostly use Sonar and it does almost everything I need it to do. Plus I really like cakewalk as a company as they really seem to listen to and care about their customers. I also like that I can use the hardware I want.
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #19
Trustee

I import all of my audio tracks into Steinberg Nuendo, and go from there. It's a fantastic program and has gotten easier and more powerfull in the last few years. Once I'm done splitting tracks, eq'ing , compressing and everything else, I do a stereo mixdown, and do my final tweaking and mastering in Wavelab.
We do a lot of weddings, and typically end up with several mic tracks (usually one needs splitting the lav and gun). I add music tracks and sometimes compose my own aditional sweeteners. I originally started with cubase, then Nuendo, for song peoduction and recording, and then found it great for video. I know that the industry standard is Pro tools, but I've been using cubase and nuendo for 10 years....
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #20
Trustee

Sound track pro and audacity

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio