Getting a case for an old mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Getting a case for an old mic

I got an old Sennheiser ME40, and the case sort of disintegrated, at least the foam insert part, and left a nice coating of blue crap on the mic. But anyway, is there a place I could get a new case for this that would fit it?
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Newcomb View Post
I got an old Sennheiser ME40, and the case sort of disintegrated, at least the foam insert part, and left a nice coating of blue crap on the mic. But anyway, is there a place I could get a new case for this that would fit it?
I can't help you, but if you solve it, please post a note here.

I have a matched pair of Sony C-37s that have the same problem. The original foam is disintegrating and I'd love to know where I could get replacement foam inserts.

Anyone?
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #3
Trustee

pelican makes a number of small cases you could use. just get it with solid foam and cut it as needed. you can get a couple of mics into a small case with accessories. another option is PVC pipe. line the inside ends with some foam, glue one ONE end cap also with foam on the inside, and leave the other end loose. it may require sanding the loose end of the tube down a little to make the cap easy to remove. there are also some other commercially made mics tubes as well. just do a search for mic tube on DV info and it should turn up
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio