considering Nuendo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Major Player

considering Nuendo

hi guys,

i dont hear much mention of Nuendo on these boards. A few users claim that many protools users are switching to Nuendo. Is it worth the investment of over $1600, or could one get by with protools M powered ( i have a firewire 410) what do ya think?
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

While you can certainly get by with PT's M Powered I recommend Nuendo. I started using it several years ago and its a powerful DAW with great features. While I do keep ProTools around for the occasional session I use Nuendo almost exclusively now. So, it all depends on your needs. If you have needs that are filled by M Powered then go that route; if you would like to try a full featured DAW for post without splashing out the cash required for PT's HD then Nuendo is the best route. John.
John McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Major Player

I agree with John. A lot of folks that I know love Nuendo over Pro Tools. I have been using Nuendo for the last several years myself and seldom use my Pro Tools. Besides being sort of an industry standard, there is not much more that Pro Tools can do that Nuendo can not. It's a very professional tool.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Major Player

im leaning towards nuendo after reading about some of the features. What caught me is that how Nuendo supports so much hardware vs protools which requires its own stuff. Wow, after seeing how many feature films have been mixed in it, i think it'll be a worth investment.
Interesting, its also featured in Jay Rose's book Sound for Digital Video, second edition.
I think it'll be a long term investment vs a limited m powered protools. I guess i was thrown into the hype and all.

Thanks guys. Nuendo it is.
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio