Output problem with my Sound Devices 302 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 17th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Output problem with my Sound Devices 302

Hi there, My question is about the sound devices 302, I have just bought one and have been playing around with it, the thing is that I have tried to record into a camera but was testing the tones and nothing was coming into the camera (no levels, like if nothing was connected).
Afterwards I decided to try to output into my Mbox 2 pro but there's no signal going into the computer...
I have tried the setup, but the level its fine on 0db, dont know what else to try. If someone might figure out whats my problem I would really appreciate it.
Is there anything to do with choosing mic/line for the input? how do you change between both? Is it on the setup menu, and you can do it on steps of two dbs?

Cheers
Vvicente Villaescusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Did you buy it new from a dealer or is it used from a private party?

Go into the setup menu and make sure everything is reset for the factory defaults.

The factory default output is line level - with tone engaged there should be 0dBu out on the XLRs. The input setting of line or mic has no effect on the internal tone generator.

Are you connecting from the XLR outputs? Going to XLR inputs or something else? If something other than XLR inputs, what are you connecting to and how are you adapting the cables?
Old November 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I concur with Steve "reset to the factory default"
If it's new, call the dealer or SD.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Make sure your line or mic on the OUTPUT of the mixer is setup correctly. It's in the menu.
Marshall Staton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvicente Villaescusa View Post
Hi there, My question is about the sound devices 302, I have just bought one and have been playing around with it, the thing is that I have tried to record into a camera but was testing the tones and nothing was coming into the camera (no levels, like if nothing was connected).
Afterwards I decided to try to output into my Mbox 2 pro but there's no signal going into the computer...
I have tried the setup, but the level its fine on 0db, dont know what else to try. If someone might figure out whats my problem I would really appreciate it.
Is there anything to do with choosing mic/line for the input? how do you change between both? Is it on the setup menu, and you can do it on steps of two dbs?

Cheers
Hard to say. Here's the manual: http://www.sounddevices.com/download/guides/302_en.pdf

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio