Finally got a shock-mount - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 9th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #16
Outer Circle

That road to Whistler is one dangerous route.

Next time you're heading that way, hang a right at Shannon Falls. It's breath taking. Watch out for the bears and cougars, though. Keep some pepper spray handy.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #17
Inner Circle

The drivers on the road might be more dangerous than the cougars and bears? Drivers are certainly more dangerous if you wander on the road with your eye in the viewfinder or with sound isolating headphones on it. (There it's on topic again... now I just have to mention a shock mount...)
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #18
Outer Circle

The road to Whistler gets washed out a lot, "snowed" out a lot, rocks fall of the mountains, and sometimes landslides is what does the trick. But reckless driving---speeding---causing injury and death is the biggest problem.

Regarding Shannon Falls..., you'd better have a hyper-cardioid mic, otherwise all you'll hear is the thunder from the falls. I believe they're the 2nd highest falls in North America, but I could be mistaken.

I haven't been able to test my new mic and mount yet, because I still have to get a cable and a tripod mount for the shock mount. :-))

--------------------------------------
Life is good.
Old March 10th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #19
Wrangler

Ah yes, Moment Photo. Thats the one. In the same little mall as my bank actually.

Shannon falls = Two thumbs up. Possibly the nicest water feature I've seen in BC. I've also heard it was the 2nd tallest falls in Canada (North America too I guess)
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #20
Major Player

I've noticed the sign on my way to Whistler, but haven't stopped yet--wrong time of year. I'll do that on my next trip -- I've been wanting to get up there during other than ski season, in any case. I could try out my new XL-1 mini-mount with my AT-897 (Notice that's on-topic, too!).

It amazes me how fast the locals drive on that piece of road -- no room for error. I'm trying to stay close to the speed limit, much to the irritation of the bombers. That road will be a real mess during the Olympics -- it will be difficult to avoid many serious accidents.
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #21
Outer Circle

They're planning on building a new highway to Whistler, for the Olympics. How's your new shock-mount? :-))
Old March 10th, 2004, 06:14 PM   #22
Major Player

Yeah, I managed to avoid the construction delays during the last trip -- it will be hard to avoid all the windy stuff south of Squamish, though---no place else to put a road.

Since we're also talking shock mounts, I'm quite pleased with the new version of the mini-mount. The old one would not work with my 5" LCD monitor on the XL-1. The new one rotates out of the way to any angle. The sound deadening is great. My 897 is happy....
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #23
Outer Circle

Someone posted a link somewhere of those new Senn shock-mounts. They look good.

The new road will be taking a different route, not along the Pacific but through or around the mountains---more from the east going northwest.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio