Best mic for recording guitar? - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #106
Major Player

Jim thanks again for the recommendation on the Sony PCM D50, I think it's amazing! Here is a video I did yesterday with it.
YouTube - Patrick Sise plays Bach, violin suite BWV 1001 Fugue
I used Pluraleyes to sync up the video and audio together. This software is a real lifesaver!
Singular Software
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #107
Inner Circle

Michael

I thought you'd be happy with it. For the $$$ it's hard to beat. I think the clarity is much better than some of the other links you've posted and it does indeed seem to do a good job of showing off the high end of the guitar.

I think now it's a matter of experimentation with positioning and distance. Closer would be a bit better I think, but it might also interfere with the video if you wanted to keep the unit out of the picture. As with all things, it's a matter of trading off the various constraints to get the result that's important to YOU.

We'll be in Santa Fe week after next. If you're around, we'd like to stop by.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #108
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
Michael

I thought you'd be happy with it. For the $$$ it's hard to beat. I think the clarity is much better than some of the other links you've posted and it does indeed seem to do a good job of showing off the high end of the guitar.

I think now it's a matter of experimentation with positioning and distance. Closer would be a bit better I think, but it might also interfere with the video if you wanted to keep the unit out of the picture. As with all things, it's a matter of trading off the various constraints to get the result that's important to YOU.

We'll be in Santa Fe week after next. If you're around, we'd like to stop by.
By all means please stop by!
Michael Thames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio