Proper technique when using the 442 with a 744T and an HVX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #1
New Boot

Proper technique when using the 442 with a 744T and an HVX

Hello all!

I'm a mixer in Calgary, AB and I'm looking for a little advice about a setup that I'm planning to use for an upcoming short film. I've convinced the producer to use dual system sound, but I want them to have something to listen to in the rough edit so I was going to also sent a 2 ch mix to the HVX. Anyway, here's how I think it'll go:

- Inputs: 1=boom/2, 3, 4=lavs
- Direct Outputs 1-4 going to the 744t
- 10 pin output back to the HVX w/ headphone return

Will that sound good and be usable in post? I haven't done 4 channel before, so this is new to me. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

P.S. One totally off topic question: is there a reason not to enable output limiters on the 442?
Alex Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mitchell View Post
Hello all!

I'm a mixer in Calgary, AB and I'm looking for a little advice about a setup that I'm planning to use for an upcoming short film. I've convinced the producer to use dual system sound, but I want them to have something to listen to in the rough edit so I was going to also sent a 2 ch mix to the HVX. Anyway, here's how I think it'll go:

- Inputs: 1=boom/2, 3, 4=lavs
- Direct Outputs 1-4 going to the 744t
- 10 pin output back to the HVX w/ headphone return

Will that sound good and be usable in post? I haven't done 4 channel before, so this is new to me. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

P.S. One totally off topic question: is there a reason not to enable output limiters on the 442?
Setup is good.. keep the limiters on.
Jeffery Magat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Major Player

You may want to send timecode to one audio channel on the hvx to make it easier for post to sync.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio