Low cost alternative to the Sony Wireless Lav Kit - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Trustee

Don Bloom, the voice of reason, hehe.

I don't book and have no control at all over scheduling. I've reiterated to the studio many times that the lack of time between bride's house and church is a problem, but it's hard to work around. They don't want to pay for extra cameramen, but they also want footage of themselfves leaving for the church.

So we deal with it. Fortunately (for me), I'm doing fewer and fewer weddings these days, and concentrating on docs and corp video. So I'm not too worried about it.

My apologies to Jeff for getting off topic. I still think with your budget restraints, you might be wise to check out some stand alone recorders. They could keep you going until you can afford a good wireless.

You might be able to pick up a second hand Sennheiser G2 system within your range as well. That would probably be fine.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Vito, no apologies needed. I like to see the issue from all angles, and a standalone recorder is a fine option and certainly worth considering, though I strongly prefer a wireless.
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
I consider myself to be a working professional, and don't need you to tell me different, no personal offense intended either.
Didn't mean to imply that you were anything but professional. My apologies if it didn't come across that way. When you said you never got to the church in time to do a proper wireless setup, my reaction was "so, rearrange your day so you do - problem solved." Guess I had Lombardi Time drilled into me when I was younger ... quoting Vince Lombardi "If you're not at least 15 minutes early, you're late!"

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio