Shure UR5 Receiver and VP89 Shotguns at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Shure UR5 Receiver and VP89 Shotguns

I know this is DVinfo and not rumors, I'm just curious if anyone has seen and has any opinions on Shure's new on camera wireless receiver. It seems to be higher on the price scale around $1400 (according to one site I found.) If it is priced there, how will it compare in both quality and reliability to the Lectrosonics systems?

Also, for a good all around on camera shotgun Mic, what are the feelings on the VP89(S,M,L) after they've been at the shows. Have any prices been announced for them yet?

I'm looking for both a reliable wireless set and a good shotgun mic and my Church has always gotten good results from Shure products. I'm curious how they stack up.

Thanks!
Paul Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Shure UR5 Receiver and VP89 Shotguns

Have I gotten no reply to this because no one cares or no one knows? I'm ok either way, just curious.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Probably no one knows
Old July 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Major Player

Right now I believe the Shure on cam wireless is whats considered vapor-ware, it exist on paper but are not shipping yet. so no one can answer the quality question unless some one has Beta tested it for the manufacturer.
The VP89 is also a very new product as well I believe it has barely made it to Shure's dealer pricelist this past quarter. havent heard it yet, but I too am very interested in its performance because Shure is a realy good manufacturer of solid mics.
who ever buys the first ones should do a sample recording and post it.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio