Audio software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Audio software

What's a good audio software that works with Final Cut Pro 6, but is user friendly?
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Audio software

?? - You already have it - Soundtrack Pro comes with FCP install disks.
Dave Farrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Is Soundtrack Pro a good audio editing software? I never use it much.
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Trustee

Emphatically yes, very good program, and of course, it integrates with FCP in that you can easily hand off a track from your timeline, edit it in SP, and return it to the timeline seamlessly. There is a learning curve as with any complex software, but it is comprehensive and useful, well worth the effort. My 2c.

PS: how are you doing with your guitar videos? I recall a mention of this some long time ago....
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Major Player

Oh good news! I will put more effort into learning it then. I didn't want to apply effort into Soundtrack Pro if there was something else out there I should be looking at.

The videos are doing well...... my next project is to make a guitar making documentary. I bought two letus DOP adopters for my A-1 and HV-40, so I can make a better, or more beautiful documentary, but it seems I'm into a whole new world with setting up each shot, rather than just point and shoot.

This is my latest video effort. I'm sure I will be seeking more advice here in the future. It is very hard to focus the HV-40, and to get the same look on each camera.
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Trustee

Suggesting this learning aid: The Video Editor's Guide to Soundtrack Pro - Book + DVD - 9780250811734 - Filmtools

Amazon has a Kindle version, but you have to contact the publisher for the CD training content and download it somehow...

I see you've done a whole bunch of videos since we spoke last, couple years ago! Impressive! The lens-baby thingies make nice soft images, but they get muddy unless you have some lighting contrast to make up for what they take away....a good softbox or even a movie light and large umbrella might put some separation back into what the bokeh taketh away....just sayin'..... Best wishes!
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #7
Major Player

Battle, Thanks for the link, but I have a subscription to Lynda.com, and they have Larry Jordan teaching the tutorials on Soundtrack pro....... I'll revisit those tutorials.

Dang...... I had a 750 watt softbox light on that video...... those DOF adopters suck up the light don't they. This is a real learning process, but I really like the look of the letus. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the not too distant future.
Michael Thames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio