Question about Sennheiser ME66 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 17th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Question about Sennheiser ME66

BH has this microphone for 179 and 409 w/ with something called K6 (i think). I do I need this "K6", I want to use it as a boom microphone for my XL2.
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The K6 module supplies power to the ME66 capsul. It also contains the XLR connector. You do need this to use the microphone.
Brian Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Major Player

I would recommend picking up an inline att adapter.. It's a pretty hot mic, so hot in fact (hot as in sensitive and not stolen) I sold mine after 5 days..

I replaced it with a AT825 which gives me a better source for ambient sound fill and really don't need that narrow of a pickup pattern.. At least for what I do..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #4
Major Player

You need the K6 and an inline attenuator is also a good idea.

Not only is the ME66 hot it also has a lot of off-axis coloration. I have the ME66 and would never use it inside (again) unless in an extremely noisy room where I was trying to isolate voices. I have the ME64 cardoid capsule also and find it a much better all around boom mic. Works fine inside (great for dialog) and ok outside as long as I am not fighting too much ambient noise.

These are good mics, but if I was starting over knowing what I know now, I would try out the ATs before buying them again.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio