Giant Squid Iriver mic cable at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 25th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Giant Squid Iriver mic cable

Hey guys and gals,

We just purchased an iRiver 890 through eBay and I was looking at the lav mics offered from Giant Squid. I see that the cables rangein length from 1 ft to 5 ft, with minimal cost difference.

For those of you using these, what length did you purchase? It seems like 5ft of cable would be difficult to stuff away, but I could see some advantages depending on the situation. Do you lose quality with longer cables?

Looking to purchase, just making sure I get the right one. Our main use of thew iRiver will be for wedding vows and other smaller voice needs.

Thanks again
John Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #2

Get the 5, you'll be glad you did. Rolling it up on an old solder or telephone wire cable spool is a great way to store it,and the flanges of the spool protect it. Just for the span alone...nice to have it.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Major Player

BTW, they'll make it any length you want for an extra couple of bucks. Just email him directly before ording. He'll also throw on a right-angle mini plug if you want for a few extra more. I bought a 13' mono omni with right-angle plug just for using as a quick and dirty lav setup for my GS400. It's the perfect length to just clip onto someone and tape.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Power?

I just bought one too, and I have two questions:

I see Giant Squid offers powered and unpowered mics. Do you need a powered mic to use with the iRiver? Also, what sort of cables / adapters would I need to tie into a sound board with the iRiver?
Marion Abrams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio