Compare Lav mics - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Compare Lav mics

Nice recording job .

The one comment I have to make , and it must be a cultural thing on opposite sides of the pond :) , only I was always taught that a Lavalier was a mic suspended on a cord round the neck , and often they had a cowl or such to modify the pickup pattern . This definition was in one of the BBC textbooks I used to have .

Over here , most people refer to small body worn mics as tieclips , even if not actually clipped onto a necktie .

I have numerous tieclip mics : a few Sennheisers , a couple of Sonys and an Audio Technica , but only one Lavalier - an old AKG D109 , complete with neck cord and basket .

Oh , and in the UK , 'Lav' is an abbreviation for Lavatory :)
Derek Heeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Trustee

We've all heard horror stories about someone wearing a wireless lav in the lav.
Greg Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #18
Major Player

Yes , in my years doing sound for conferences I've had that one many times ; I only ever heard it on PFL , never put it out over the system thankfully . It was also amazing some of the private conversations and remarks you picked up when people forgot they were wearing a mic .

Although I was always pretty diligent about collecting mics in from people after they had finished with them , I once nearly lost a mic when a delegate rushed out the door straight after his slot to catch a flight home . About three weeks later the bodypack and t/c arrived in the post from South America . Being in Scotland that was about the furthest travelled 'one that got away' .
Derek Heeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Leslie Nielsen wireless mic scene in the Naked Gun-1 movie

The Sound of Relief - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (3/10) Movie CLIP (1988) HD - YouTube
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio