sound effects for film trailers!!!??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Major Player

sound effects for film trailers!!!???

Ok, i've been all over the net looking for sound effects, stuff like swooshes and tings and all the rest of the goodies that most current film trailers use. I cant find anything that is good quality and what i'm looking for. there are free sites like
flashkit.com
findsounds.com
partnersinrhyme.com

but they mostly have the same recycled sounds. I thoguth about gettin that sony sound package but i dont want to buy it and find out that the desired sounds arent there. I basically need a sound package that has trailer sounds, i'm surprised that no one has released one yet.

if anyone out there wants to trade sounds let me know
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #2
Major Player

smartsounds.com
dewolfemusic.com

check them out..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Try sounddogs.com also.
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Elements

What you are looking for are production elements rather than simple sound efx. You may find better luck searching for that. Hope it helps...

http://www.southernwindsfilmfestival.com

http://www.phigmentphilms.com
James Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #5
Major Player

People ask about this all the time... I'd say once a month anyway.

$40 per disk for M-Audio Liquid Cinema... for this particular request you want "Cinematic Impact".

It's exactly what you're asking for.

Normally I keep my mouth shut when this question pops up... but I'm feeling generous tonight. Honestly this is like sharing bullets with the competition. I've bought 8 of those M-Audio disks so far 'cause they are so good it'll fry your brain... but they don't just hand you the world on a platter... you'll have to buy a few to really start appreciating them.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Major Player

aweosme thanx for the tip thats what i have been looking for...thank you thank you... you should feel good about yourslef for helping another person.
i owe u one
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gettemeier
People ask about this all the time... I'd say once a month anyway.

$40 per disk for M-Audio Liquid Cinema... for this particular request you want "Cinematic Impact".

It's exactly what you're asking for.

Normally I keep my mouth shut when this question pops up... but I'm feeling generous tonight. Honestly this is like sharing bullets with the competition. I've bought 8 of those M-Audio disks so far 'cause they are so good it'll fry your brain... but they don't just hand you the world on a platter... you'll have to buy a few to really start appreciating them.
I also have some of those discs, and I second him in saying that they are superb quality, and I'm sure EXACTLY what you're looking for. As soon as I got mine I thought, "I can basically make any Hollywood trailer now." No joke, that was my immediate thought. Enjoy!
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #8
Major Player

I just want to clarify what I meant by them "not giving you the world on a platter"... When you get a disk you'll probably think, "why couldn't they have put [fill in the blank] sounds on here too?"... or on SOME of the disks it seems like they give you a dozen or two sounds... then just a bunch of variations of those sounds... so in comparison TO SOME OF THEIR OTHER DISKS it may not seem as good a value.

But the gist is that they are of uncompromising quality and if they gave you EVERYTHING on just a few disks that would be bad business. So you should expect to buy a few. I covered nearly all of the Liquid Cinema disks and the Pulse and Junkyard disks are the only ones that feel really limited to me. I'll get some use out of 'em I'm sure... but they feel like variations on a theme rather then a collection of different choices.

Some of the other disks that aren't Liquid Cinema are just as good for other stuff. You know how they bump cuts in sitcoms or Jackass? Like the guitar you hear? You gotta' know what I mean... anyway... on some of the guitar (or other music) disks it seems like they just gave you a hundred bumps! You don't even have to know the loop program... just use a single loop with a good feel... and BAM done.

I started using JumpBacks years ago and I've heard so many people say they're cheesy... but I stressed then that it's a matter of matching motion rather then just using them as a background. I see JumpBacks everywhere on cable and most people probably don't even notice them 'cause they were used tastefully. These loops are the same way... I hear specific sounds in television and radio production all the time.

That's why I said I'm not normally eager to share this info... the less you see the JumpBacks the more impressive it is when you see one properly integrated... and some of the sounds on the M-Audio disks are so cool and unique that I'd hate to see a trend of many producers choosing the same sounds. All of a sudden my disks would go from being priceless to being worthless!

I think most people that read this won't buy any... some will buy a few... some will buy one... and of those that buy any most will forget about it or be too lazy to use it... so what the hell, this is just info and you can do whatever you want with it.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio