Wireless units recommendation - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Wireless units recommendation

Usually the Phantom Power plug-on transmitters are significantly more expensive than the non-powered. plug-on. In the case of the 100 G2/3 system, the compatible 300 and 2000 series plug-on transmitters are in the $700 range. Sony has an 'affordable' Phantom Powered plug-on system, though I don't recall the model #.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 04:25 PM   #32
Major Player

UWP-D16 (UWPD16) : Product Overview : Australia : Sony Professional

I have 3 sets and I love them......
Brian P. Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 05:18 PM   #33
Wrangler

While the current recommended phantom power standard is 48 VDC, 24 and 12 volt standards also exist. Some condenser mics are rated to work with lower voltages, on the order of 11 volts phantom power. This includes a number of the AT mics such as the AE5100, AT875R, and AT2035 to name the ones I have used. I have successfully used them with the AT1800 series plug-on transmitter that provides 12 volt phantom power.

Phantom power is designed to work on balanced audio systems and is different from the unbalanced DC bias provided by some systems and body packs.
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM   #34
Trustee

Sony bluetooth mikes

On the strength of Aindreas Lynch's review of the little Sony ECMAW4 Bluetooth mikes, I bought a set; because, oh, heck, I love a gadget. Actually, I am impressed by how well they work at interview distances.
I can see a situation where a spot news shooter could stick one of these on the lapel of the harried fire captain at a news scene and be ready to shoot in, literally, 30 seconds. The transmitter and receiver are each the size of a pocket cigarette lighter and the whole kit could tuck into a small pocket of your kit bag for emergencies.
There is a built in mike that works nicely, and you can plug in a mini-plug mike like the Audio Technica ATR3350 (which I also tried, with good results). Good audio level into my Nikon D7000 (peaks at about minus 9dB on Nikon's auto level system) and a noise floor (which may be includes room tone) of about -50 dB. The set can also work as a cueing system. Cables, earphones, windscreen included. For a backup or quick news shot maybe these Bluetooth gadgets have some value....Lectrosonics? No. Useful? I think so.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio