Camera Mounted Wireless Lav Mics for HD100? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 16th, 2016, 03:47 PM   #46
Trustee

Re: Camera Mounted Wireless Lav Mics for HD100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Bennett View Post

I'm having to purchase a few other pieces of equipment to go with my gear and in dong this I think I will have to sacrifice buying the system I would like to have

Hi Lisa,

The following statement is not a criticism at all. In fact I could not answer the question for you. You are the only one that can answer it. And it is said on this board all the time: Are you willing to commit at least the proper amount of your budget to getting at least reasonable audio quality?

The reason I ask is because it is a common mistake. Some people are reluctant to spend a proper amount of their budget (be it large or small) on meeting even the basic audio needs for a project. Cutting corners in audio too sharply can result in a big crash. Audio gear is a critical part of your kit. I hope the audio gear you end up using is at least capable of meeting a reasonable minimum of quality sound. Otherwise the entire project could end up worthless after all of your other hard work, it happens all to often. Again not lecturing, just food for thought........

Steve
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #47
Major Player

Re: Camera Mounted Wireless Lav Mics for HD100?

Hi,

I agree...audio is very important and key. Bad audio can certainly cancel out everything. I have been using wired handhelds plus a wireless lav but the lav is only one channel and not sure I can find a matching one to compliment it using 2 receivers. Been looking for lavs, wireless preferably. It seems the wish list I have is $1k and up and buying some other equipment right now too other than just audio.

I appreciate input. I understand totally what you mean. ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio