To improve the sound of the PRIME X299-DELUXE video card? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 20th, 2019, 07:04 PM   #46
Slash Rules!

Re: To improve the sound of the PRIME X299-DELUXE video card?

Friendos

Sonorworks headphone reference is a piece of software that is supposed to eq your phones (and does some other, deeper magic) to make them suitable for sound/music mixing. They have presets for many different models of cans or you can literally ship your phones to wherever they are they will profile your set and make a custom correction for you. You can either run your entire machine through it (so all audio out of your machine is “accurate”) or insert it as plugin at the end of your chain on the master channel (turn it off when rendering final outpt). You will find polarized reviews by people who both swear by it and think its crap.

I have used it for music mixes since I cant set up a proper room, and it definitely seems to help. I’d say if you mixed with the Sonorworks/headphones to get close, and then listened on some other systems (monitors, even in bad room), computer speakers, etc., you should be able to “get there”.

It runs about $100 and has a free trial.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 05:50 AM   #47
Inner Circle

I just can't mix properly on headphones. Great for getting close, but equally, I'd rather mix on headphones than horrible speakers.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 06:04 AM   #48
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R Johnson View Post
I just can't mix properly on headphones. Great for getting close, but equally, I'd rather mix on headphones than horrible speakers.
It’s both. Yeah, horrible speakers, yuck. My M-Audio Monitors fit my bill, and if essential or getting to mix-down (?) Senni Cans. I use Cans on any iZotope RX work that require a more forensic approach.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio