Lectrosonic LR/LT SRc questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 3rd, 2020, 02:24 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Lectrosonic LR/LT SRc questions

I have been using Lectrosonic for a long time and love their gear. Currently I own a LR/LT with Saken COS-11d, always my mic of choice. Great setup. And am selling a Sony UWP dual system. That was used on their hot shoe with FS7 MK2. Nice setup but not the best floor noise, or range. By the way I am a one my show with my camera. Could be other cameras on the set but each runs their own audio. Just the way we work with our client base in our business.

So with upcoming jobs this year, and not on Sony cameras, I need a second wireless system. I am looking at the following options:

Option 1: Add a Lectrosonic SRc and buy a second LT, so I can use dual LT? And then when I need only one system use the LR/LT. Good options, but does not let me run two systems if needed.

Option 2: Or is it better to just buy another LR/LT system and use both when dual is needed? This also lets me have two systems incase I am running on two cameras? One would be locked down.

Question on second option here is; will the two receivers very close together be a problem if on same camera? This is a bit less money but the receiver question is important to know. With the knowledge on this forum, I am sure this can be answered.
Old January 5th, 2020, 09:47 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Lectrosonic LR/LT SRc questions

I have used two LR SRs in a bag w/o issue, along with a 411 and 211 w/o issue, A camera set-up may be different though.
Give Lectro a call, they are very responsive and helpful.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2020, 11:44 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Rick,

Appreciate your input and experience. Yea, I did write Karl for his insight.
Old January 6th, 2020, 09:51 AM   #4
Inner Circle

As Rick suggested, I did get in touch with Karl at Lectrosonic. Karl is always quick to answer any question.

Karl's response was, "No problem having two LR, next to each other. Just do Smart Tune, tuning one system at a time.

So that is going to be my path.
Old January 11th, 2020, 09:48 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I have had a couple of comments on the Sony wireless system. I was not knocking the system, it is amazing audio for the money, and no wires is fantastic on the right Sony camera. For the price very hard to beat. I was comparing to the Lectro LR/LT, which is twice the price for a single channel and well, four times the price to match the two channel.

Just wanted to clear that up. Selling the Sony since I have sold my Sony cameras and am going with the Panasonic Lumix S1H.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio