Recording audio with an externalal recorder to the jack of DSLR - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 8th, 2021, 12:11 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Recording audio with an externalal recorder to the jack of DSLR

Thank you guys!You are helping me in this audio world
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:30 PM   #17
New Boot

I don't want to divert the topic too much but regarding sensitivity to time shifts, my last good Alpine car deck had 4 channel time correction. The dealer has known me for life and puts me on to things like that. I'm far from a sound snob but because I'd know how to apply it and appreciate it as more than a gimmick he presented that model.

I can't remember the timing range in milliseconds but even at 60 years of age with the onset of tinnitus I could definitely hear improvements and alternatively, degraded listening just in the confines of a sub compact with two door speakers and two drivers on the back shelf. Dial in individual delays for front left, front right, and rear left to "wait" to arrive at my ears at the same time as the furthest away, rear right and the music was golden. It is perceptible even if you can't really put your finger on what you just tweaked.

I haven't concerned myself with it in video editing or live music recording - yet.
Charlie Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2021, 01:30 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Years ago I sold quadraphonic hifi and remember the effect of the signal suddenly locking in. We would do the demo and watch people suddenly smile. The got out their wallets almost every time. What few realised that the width and depth of the time aligned zone was tiny, localised to about one chair’s width. If you had two people on a sofa, it was not possible to get both in the same zone, so we recommended a prime listening chair, a nice comfy seat for just that one person’s listening. Everyone else got something pretty average, with the time alignment working against them.

It’s dangerous, because your adjustments and tweaks may not sound the same everywhere, which is why my belief is edit suits and recording studios should try to replicate average listening environments.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio