Smartsound Moodmaper? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Smartsound Moodmaper?

Does anyone know if the new sonicfire pro 4 moodmapper feature is supposed to work with the old smartsound libraries?
Kim Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I thought the latest version was 3. I couldn't find anything about moodmapper on their website. Is version 4 released?
Buddy
Buddy Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Frazer
I thought the latest version was 3. I couldn't find anything about moodmapper on their website. Is version 4 released?
Buddy
version 4 is coming soon and has that moodmapper feature.
Kim Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4

I know they've had to create a bunch of new libraries for the format, and I know the old libraries will function in the new version. I don't know if moodmapping will apply to the old libraries tho.
Pretty cool, if you ask me. (Moodmapping)
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

The mood mapper function will require you to use new libraries. The new libraries not only enable mood mapping, they allow you to control each track and instrument layer of the music. Your old libraries will still work in Sonic Fire Pro 4, but you won't get multiple tracks or moodmapping.

What is mood mapping you ask?
Only the coolest new feature to hit audio creation software in years. Moodmapping allows you to change the mix of the instruments in your audio track to better match the the pace and tempo of the your videos. You can change the moodmap over the duration of the clip. think of it as audio keyframing.

As an example, lets say you have a shot of the family ski trip. As you go down the slope, there will naturally be parts of the video where the action picks up, and other times when your just gliding gently down the mountain. With mood mapping you can put on your audio track, then adjust the mood to match the tempo of the video clip as it changes. Mood isn't the speed of the music, but rather the fullness of the instrumentation (such as rythm only or drum & bass mix) It's the same "song", just changing the instrument depth or as SmartSound so smartly named it "the mood" of the music.

Unlike many of you guys, I have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever (although I have been told I play a mean air guitar on my Lacrosse stick). With SmartSound I was always able to create soundtracks for my video that sounded great. With moodmapping and the new Sonic Fire pro 4, I can take that to the next level, and actually fine tune the soundtrack to the video. I'm still a hack, but it's amazing how easy it is for me to use and create even better soundtracks.

Gary

Last edited by Gary Bettan; March 22nd, 2006 at 10:46 AM.
Gary Bettan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Haven't seen anything on the Smartsound website about it yet. Any more info on it's features and when it'll see the light of day, or is still under wraps?
Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM   #7
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Here's a link that I'm pretty sure I can share with you guys

http://www.smartsound.com/moodmapping/

Gary
Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:27 PM   #8
Regular Crew

What is the release date?
Buddy Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Inner Circle

As a long time user of their products, I can see that mood mapper is a giant step !!! When can we get at it ?
Old April 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #10
Trustee

It looks like Sonicfire Pro 4 is getting closer. They have posted some samples of music DVDs on the site now. Take a look and listen.

http://www.smartsound.com/moodmapping/

I think I am going to like the Studio Orchestra clips a bit better. The more full the sound, the more we can mess with it?
Old April 6th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #11

The more content there is to the composition, the more you can mess with it, yes. Some of the orchestral material is killer; SmartSound hired/acquired libraries from some of the most awesome composers in the US. :-)
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
The more content there is to the composition, the more you can mess with it, yes. Some of the orchestral material is killer; SmartSound hired/acquired libraries from some of the most awesome composers in the US. :-)
Anyone we know? <g>

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio