Wireless recievers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #1
New Boot

Wireless recievers

I'm doing a wedding at the end of June, and the church has all their sound stuff in a strange spot so I can't just set a camera up by the sound system and patch straight into the camera. Is there a decent wireless transmitter/reciever system that wouldn't cost me a ton of money that anyone might recommend? Thanks.
Chris Youell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have been using the Audio Technica 88w Pro wireless set ($130ish) and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. Sure, it isn't going to get you all the bells and whistles that others will, but it won't also cost you 3x as much. The only problem you might have is interference since you only have 2 frequencies you can play with, and at a wedding, the plethora of cell phones might interfere with it. However, I have used mine at huge school events and I haven't had any problems with it, could be luck though.

Give it a try, B&H will allow you to return it within a period of time; especially if you exchange it for something more expensive.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio