Anyone doing music at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM   #1
2nd Unit TV

Anyone doing music

We're looking to add original music to the shows we're doing at 2nd-Unit.tv which has a new forum in this DVInfo under New Additions. Your music will be used to underscore the episodes we do with various producers, directors and DPs. The mnth of August has Miami Vice's Michael Mann, The Island's Michael Bay, Pirates of the Caribbean's Raphael Sanchez and 24's Rodney Charters. Your music will be featured in the shows with credits and we have a royalty program for the quarterly DVDs and weekly i-Pod segments that are coming in a few months when we gather sufficient content. Please let us know if you create original music that we can incorporate and would like to participate.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I compose, but I'm really over-booked these days.

Try posting over at northernsounds.com. It's a great film composers' watering hole. But if you're not paying, be prepared for some debate! There are many professionals there who urge people not to compose music for free.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Jonathan,

I read your response earlier, but didn't have time to respond, before you removed it. Don't worry. I didn't take it negatively at all.

Anyway, it sounds like a great project with lots of talent and experience. I'm not surprised that you're not getting a response here. I've got over 4,000 posts over at NorthernSounds, and I only know one guy from that forum who posts here. I guess people who are into sample libs aren't into cameras and boom poles and vice-versa.

The project isn't right for me. You need a guy who wants to move to Hollywood and make his mark. There are a number of people with that dream over at NS. (Me? I've got a career, a mortgage and three kids. I'm mostly into local projects where I know everybody involved, and I get final say. :) )

Anyway, there are three good approaches at NS. You'll get the most traffic if you post in the Sample Library Discussion forum. It's not really on topic, but that forum tends to be the catch-all. The second approach would be to post in Off Topic, but that's mostly for political rants. You'll only find opinionated composers there! The third approach would be to contact the moderators about their Power Profile section. This is a private area where composers pay to promote themselves, and potential employers pay a small fee for access. That would let you find somebody with the style that you are looking for. You could contact them privately, and avoid the mob of the forum.

Best of luck with your project. There are definitely composers out there who will work for free on the front end with hopes for returns on the back end. If I had more free time and fewer obligations, I'd probably be one of them.

All the best...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio