What is this sound effect? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 12th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chitown, Il
Posts: 66
What is this sound effect?

what is the sound effect that you use when switching from one clip to another when you insert the white flash? The same one that is in the flick 21 seconds in.
Tony Jucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southampton, England, UK
Posts: 70
Well I don't know if there's a name for it but there are a number of ways to achieve something similar. First find or create a massive ambient drum hit with lots of reverb then do one of the following:

1. Remove the initial transient hit and apply a quick fade in.
2. Copy the hit reverse it and then crossfade it into the original (forwards) version.

Metallic impacts also work well for this as there are lots of harmonics in the sound.

Or check my website where you'll find one or two similar effects under 'Edit Type: SFX - Punctuation'


Colin Willsher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2021 The Digital Video Information Network