Buyout Music Library at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Buyout Music Library

So my boss has me looking for a buyout music library of rap/rock/hip hop, basically popular radio songs without the lyrics. We are looking for a place that will sell a hard drive full of about 10,000 songs for about 2,000 dollars. Granted they don’t HAVE to be radio song they have to just sound pretty good. Now I am no wiz on the internet so I don’t know of any great places to look. Can you guys help me out and point me towards a good place to buy. All I’m doing right now is googleing “buyout music library” and not finding much.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Major Player

http://www.opuzz.com/hard-drive.asp. I've bought individual tracks before. I wouldn't say it's the broadest selection or the best music, but good for some things. Mostly loop-based or electronic music with not that many acoustic instruments. But it's the price range and quantity you're looking for. That being said, quality beats quantity any day.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

YES it sure does. We have already looked into that place. I'm just looking for more choices of really great quality music. He wants about 10 choices jst to give us a wide range. Rap music was a must, but mostly just beats. Think MTV style. Thanx for the help.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #4
Major Player

I'd say it sounds like your boss may have unrealistic expectations. Quality music costs. Period.
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #5
Major Player

For hip-hop stuff I've used Platinum Loops and used Acid to create my own songs. Go to http://www.platinumloops.com/loops_s...=24&order=name

The hip-hop producer packs are good. You could also use Garage Band to combine the loops.
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Major Player

And you might try the phrase "royalty free music" on your google search. There are a bunch of libraries out there. I'm not sure you can hit the 10K songs for 2K dollars mark, but you should certainly find lots of choices. Be sure to read the license agreements carefully. There is no standard, and some places charge extra if you are going to broadcast or make more than 5000 copies, etc.
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #7

here is a short list of companies I've used, had experience with, written for, or hired. You'll probably find something in there.
2K for 10K songs is simply unreasonable if quality matters.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Try this

http://www.music2hues.com/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio