DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Voice recorders - new (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/99304-voice-recorders-new.html)

Steven Davis October 16th, 2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Ford (Post 724020)
Thanks Steven,

Again, I think the B block would bebetter for you.

Ty

Ok Ty, you get the prize. I'm not sure what the prize is, but you get it what ever it is. Hopefully it has 1/4 ccds.

Since the long trial with my Block A system, I have since gotten rid of it and now have two Block B systems. When I scan with the B system, I am now getting twice if not three times the free channels I was getting with my A system. I've not tested it everywhere yet, but it appears that the Block B is better in terms of available channels.

I can honestly say, the reason I bought my second B System was because of the quality service and assistance I received from the peoples at Sennheiser.

Ty Ford October 16th, 2007 02:08 PM

Hello Steven,

Well yahoo! You owe me at least one dirty martini; half gin, half vodka, three olives, shaken not stirred.

Be aware that unless you have a nuclear powered scanner, you may still need to nudge frequencies. I just went through that here. 540 MHz looked good on the charts and the scanner. Range, however, sucked. I bumped up to 540.3 and got 4 times the range. FOUR TIMES.

Nothing in the scanner told me enough. You'd need a spectrum analyzer with accumulation to show all that. Interference can be so breif that the scanner doesn't see it at the moment it scans the exact frequency. A millisecond later something goes "squibiejbciej" and it gets into your audio. Having a full spectrum analyzer that shows accumulation over time lets you see this stuff.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Mark Utley October 16th, 2007 02:51 PM

There's not much need for it here in Saskatoon, where wireless interference is usually not a problem, but how much does it cost for a quality spectrum analyzer?

Steven Davis October 16th, 2007 02:55 PM

Hey Ty, sorry, all I have is Jack and Coke...... As for the spectrum analyzer, I really need to pay my mortgage bill. Thanks again.

Steve House October 16th, 2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Utley (Post 759931)
There's not much need for it here in Saskatoon, where wireless interference is usually not a problem, but how much does it cost for a quality spectrum analyzer?

Don't know if this is what Ty has is mind, but Optoelectronics has a nifty portable unit for $1600 US. Not cheap, but if you got a several kilobucks of wireless gear on your cart it isn't too unreasonable.

Ty Ford October 16th, 2007 07:11 PM

Steven,

Gotta be a martini. Anything else is poison to my system.

I don't have a spectrum analyzer of any sort, but Audio-Technica sent a couple of folks out earlier this year annd it was very nice. Don't know what it was, but it showed the accumulation of hots over time.

Don't know if it'd be worth your while to get one, but it might be if your job depended on it every day.

Regards,

Ty Ford