letus extreme 35 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 7th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #16
Trustee

The great thing about the letus, apart from it being superb is the image is flipped. The EX1 lcd screen is so sharp you can use it to focus.

The M2 is a good adaptor, but it is 2 years old and has not really been updated since then. Brevis, Letus and SGPRO have taken up the torch and run with it.

Until I can get better edge to edge with the Brevis flip (it's being worked on) my Letus Extreme lives on my ex1. I have two Redrocks sitting in a box at home which haven't seen the light of day in months nor do I intend to take them out. I really should just sell them.

I have got some superb results with my Letus and EX1. It's a great combo and I would recommend them to everyone! There are still unresolved issues with the ex1 and perfect edge sharpness but again Hien at Letus is hard at work for a fix.
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Letus, 35mm-lenses, EX and GY-HD100

Although this is a XDCAM EX-Forum, I have a question concerning the Letus Extreme and the JVC GY-HD101E, because you owne also one - how about the ergonomical "behaviour" of the JVC GY-HD101 with the letus adaptor and an 35mm-lense (canon, nikon...)? Is the EX much longer with the letus adaptor etc. than the JVC with the letus and a wide or standard 35mm-lense? I'm asking because I intend to buy the EX - it seems to be a little bit smaller (not "gun-like" as my JVC GY-HD101 with AB-Battery, Firestore, Zoom) and I don't want to be noticeable, don't want to "frighten" my actors (I'm documentary filmmaker, my sets may not intimidate...) I appreciate your contributions and your blog very much. Sorry about my bad english.

Edwin, Lucerne, Switzerland
------------------
www.calypsofilm.ch
Edwin Beeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Does the letus extreme have an adaptor for canon eos lens. Are there any solutions to control the iris on eos lens now or in the future. One of the sharpest in my collection is the 600 f4 and this would be great for wild life. Other eos 16, 17-40, 20, 24 shift, 24-105, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 70-200 2.8, 300 f4.
Jack Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:48 AM   #19
Major Player

Yes the Letus EX does have a adapter for the Canon. Just got the Canon mount and will be using it on a Lens Baby

I have a blog over @ http://web.mac.com/stevecahill/Steve...Blog/Blog.html
with lots of pics of the Letus, and rail mount system still in the works. Check it out.
More testing and other stuff to show up @ the blog.

Do not forget to check out Philip Bloom's blog @ http://web.mac.com/philip.bloom/Bloo.../28_Day_1.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods