Pro35 + Sony EX3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #16
Major Player

US$18k.

Amazing. I didn't know my EX3 was so good it would justify the, um, investment. Clearly no recession in the film industry then and I think I may need a larger piggy bank.

But seriously, there's a huge price gap between this and the next best items at around a sixth to a quarter of this sum. Does one really need to pay an additional $14,000 to have one built properly (that might actually last)? At this rate, even rental is going to be barely within reach.

Jus.

Last edited by Justin Benn; November 10th, 2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Stickershock: Too gobsmacked to articulate thoughts first-time around.
Justin Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #17
Major Player

Ah, good to know such an exuberant pricing. At least I wont start saving for no reason.

I remember how fast generics emerged in another niche which P+S Technik created: the Skater market. I have just ordered one great "imitation" for like 600 bucks which is at least one tenth the price of the original. Works like charm.
I am sure we don't have to wait long for other products to enter this market, too. P+S Technik had set the margin so high that any generic competitor can make huge profits even by applying the fraction of the price.
Apart from the price tag I seriously cannot tell the difference between a Maybach and a well equipped Benz.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods