4:4:4 10bit single CMOS HD project - Page 162 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:36 AM   #2416
Major Player

I'm ready to get on the list.

But how do you sign up?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:24 PM   #2417
Regular Crew

yes, i'm ready for the real tests.. please.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:45 PM   #2418
Trustee

Thank you David for your info I will be looking at many solutions for our power needs... I am looking at Anton Bauer Systems as they are standard for the video/film production.....
Old February 3rd, 2005, 05:38 AM   #2419
Regular Crew

You're welcome...keep up the good work.
I think you're okay with the anton-bauer stuff even thou it's x2 the price, at least if you have a anton-bauer mounting plate you can use whatever's available.
I guess you know what your current drain might be. Make sure your battery can supply your continous current output as well your required total amp-hour rating if that make sense. Also note that the DC/DC (atx) converters range form 50% to 95% efficiency which can screw you.

Don't know what your OS for capture is but obviously the battery drain will be greater if you leave it on all the time as opposed to booting it when you're ready for a take. Anyway I've started a thread on this stuff at http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=36689

Well done!

Dave Farland
Old February 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #2420
Trustee

farting around with the Epix 64bit card today trying to get the drivers working with windows..argg..will keep everyone posted....

Looks like I will have no luck with the DFI board..64bit slot does nto seem to work at all...does anyone have some links to other Dothan boards with PCI-X slots?

HELP
Old February 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #2421
Major Player

All I can find is the DFI 855GME. That's what you're using now, isn't it? There doesn't seem to be a different one available at the moment that I can find.
Old February 4th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #2422
Trustee

DFI 855GME yes, I have a bad board or that board will not work with Epix cards..I am not sure yet but I will try and find out ASAP..

so anyone that has a list of boards would be a help at this point
Old February 4th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #2423
Trustee

There's the Kontron Mungo560

Also Axiomtek has a board as well.
Old February 4th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #2424
Major Player

http://www.amplicon.co.uk/dr-prod3.c...upId/12073.htm

http://www.evalue-tech.com/products/ECM-5715.cfm
Old February 4th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #2425
Trustee

Hey Juan,

Isn't that motherboard also made by DFI (but just their industrial board division)?

Seems like the same model number as this one http://www.dfi-acp.com/Product/xx_pr...GORY_TYPE=null

Might have a different BIOS, but other than that, I think it's the same thing as what Obin has right now.

Obin, the best advice is to give DFI-ACP a call just to make sure that it is the same thing, and there's nothing that would differentiate it from what you have right now, and enable the Epix card to work.

Either that, or Epix should maybe take a look at your board and see what might be causing the hang-up, because technically that card should work on your board.

One last bit of advice is to make sure that nothing is overclocked on your board, I know that DFI enables overclocking with that board, and so there might be some odd clock configurations happening that are throwing the Epix board off. I'm just saying this because the Aopen board comes with the front-side bus slighty boosted to give slightly faster out-of-the-box speeds.
Old February 4th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #2426
Major Player

yes, you are right on your comments Jay.
I donīt really know if that is the same DFI board or not.
Anyway first move would be to contact both DFI and Epixinc to check what is happening with any of them.
I would be inclined to think first option would be a bad BIOS on DFI board (that is the most usual thing to happen)
Old February 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #2427
Major Player

I think that's what you're going to have to do. And if they tell you the board won't support it after all, you might be stuck sitting on your hands again. I can't find anything else that isn't DFI.
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #2428
Trustee

I don't think you're stuck Obin, not everything out there is DFI.

Again, there's the Mungo 560 from Kontron. They have a riser card that fits the PICMG 1.2 edge on the card, and it brings out two 64-bit PCI-slots. Link is here: http://www.kontron.com/products/pdpr...s=1690&kpc=237

BTW they also have a nice little 1U short-length rack enclosure for that board, that will take a 64-bit card via a butterfly-style riser card that fits on the PCIMG edge here: http://www.kontron.com/techlib/datas...20-%202177.pdf

There's also the Axiomtek SBC83810 here: http://www.axiomtek.com/product_deta...2+x+8%5C%22%29

Both of these cards are based on the 855GME/6300ESB, or basically have a Hance Rapids southbridge, enabling them to have PCI-X slots.

You can find details on the chipset here: http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets...me_6300ESB.htm

But before you go out and purchase anything new, I'd do what Juan and others have suggested, and that may involve phone calls to DFI and Epix, because again, that board should work, there should not be any incompatabilities AFAIK.
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #2429
Trustee

from the error code windows gives and the fact that the 32bit card does not work in that slot Epix tells me i'ts not the Epix stuff but a hardware issue with my board..I am going to buy a Mungo board and test that I guess...hope for the best

I will also send the DFI board back so that they can check it over

we are also looking at how hard it would be to convert our app to Gigabit Silicon Imaging camera systems

also don't forget we need AGP slot for the Directdraw to work on the graphics card...
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #2430
Trustee

I thought you said you didn't need AGP??

If that's the case, then I'm sorry, but that DFI board is all there is with PCI-X and AGP.

The Mungo, Axiomtek, etc. are all based off the internal Intel Extreme2 graphics engine, bascially the same built-in video that the DFI board uses, but they don't give you the option of another AGP card and external video acceleration. If you've been using the internal graphics on the DFI, then you shouldn't have a problem with the other boards, but if you've been running your video off an AGP video card, then that's a problem.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods