Anamorphics - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #76
Major Player

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm delving back into this project seriously now. Designs are ready, I'm just looking around at my options for producing a beta model without spending too much. Things are really starting to fall together over on this side. I'm tempted to give a rough date for actual footage but I'll hold off as I know how the best plans can go down the tube quickly.

Brian! Sorry that I missed your post! It's quite old now and maybe of no use but I'll answer in hopes that it may be benefitial to someone.

To be entirely honest, I am not fully sure why the lomo lenses have different adapters for different lenses. I'm not entirely sure how their system is implemented though - they seem to be rather old in design so perhaps they had to make a compromise somewhere down the line? If I remember correctly these adapters were all made for zoom lenses right? I suspect that might have something to do with it. In any case, this adapter should work with any prime or zoom you put on the camera. That's one thing that I need to test completely. Still, I've taken every precaution I can think of so there shouldn't be any problems. Zooms could, again, be problematic though I have no direct reason to believe so. Time will tell.
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #77
Major Player

Hey Aaron - good to hear from you again. Actually, now I (and many of our customers) are more interested in an anamorphic that works with 35mm SLR lenses, like nikon

What do you think?
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #78
Major Player

We'll see how the test version goes first!

Actually, Nikon is what I based the current system on simply because I have access to a fair number of these lenses. It shouldn't be too hard to modify for, say, Canon FD, for example, either.
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods