Condenser lens - what to look for? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 8th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Condenser lens - what to look for?

I am in the process of researching a condenser lens for my DOF machine. What should I be looking for when it comes to these lenses?
Also, does the condenser go between the ACTION and the GG or the GG and the DV camera?

Thanks
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I used condenser from the machine which is using for developing photos. I do not know the name for it in english... The condenser was there used for light distribution to project photo from negative slide (film) to photo paper. It looks realy weird, because its aboud 4cm fat in the centre and thin on edge. 8cm in diameter. It has terrible color aberation if you look through, but if you look through it with camera, abberation is gone... Do not know how this is possible. My configuration is GroundGlass from Nikon, which already have some condensor in itself... Then the big condensor and then Camera.

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Major Player

That's exactly the thing I use. Although it's bigger and less thick. If you look at it you'll think it'll give huge side effects but if you put it close to the GG, it has only advantages. I think you can find such a lens in overhead projectors as well. Look for a very thick lens.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #4
Major Player

What part of the projector? The top part of the lay flat part?
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Isn't there a thick lens in the projector part? Under the mirror. The flat thing you put the paper on is a frensnel.
It's a stupid thing for me to point out, because such a projector is expensive if you don't have one in your basement.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods