Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 25th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Problem

Hey guys,
Am shooting this short on an XL2. Everything's been fine for about 7 hours, now for some reason the left side of frame is quite dark on anything wider than the 50mm. It looks like the iris isn't opening all the way up on the P&S technic, though it's been fine all day.Anyone experienced anything like this?
Toby Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #2
New Boot

seriously guys...

I've had a few experiences with an XL1 with the P&S technik mini35 where it (the XL1) bugged out with the adapter on, I can't even begin to understand the logic behind it seeing as the adapter is not being read by the CCP in any electronic way... Am I the only dude in the world who has ever experiended this problem? I can only guess the camera is at fault, but do any of you know otherwise?
Toby Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM   #3
Sponsor: ZGC

I have been thinking about your problem but I must say that with what you describe I cannot figure out its origin. You say that it worked fine for 7 hours. Since then does the problem show all the time, or does it show only with wide angle lenses ? If this came from the Mini35 I expect that it would be seriously in trouble, like some of the prizms would have to be loose and out of alignment. Depending on the model of Mini 35 you have, there are some adjustments of the optical path that could be involved. You will need to give some more details and try to test the camera with only the relay mounted on it in front of a well light white surface. By closing the iris you should be able to determine if there is a problem there.
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #4
Major Player

XL1 may be misaligned relative to the adapter. Try and move the camera (with the lens on)L and R, but loosen the adapter's mount (prior to prisms) to center the light. Close down aperture on the 50 and try to center the image using the "hot spot". (Camcorder's screw mount may have got loose and lost initial position) I hope this helps.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #5
New Boot

My prob

Still don't know what exactly what was going on, but a mate told me that Zeiss Distagon lenses are not recommended for this setup. Apparently this is in some official P&S technik manual. Thanks guys for your feedback.
Toby
Toby Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods