HD100u and P+S Technik Lens Question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #16
Wrangler

Just finished a pilot with several lightweight zooms; we eventually stopped using the Century 27-80 because of focus and flaring issues (even Century admits this is not a great lens and has discontinued it). However the Angenieux Optimo 15-40 T2.6 was fantastic for wide angle work; weighs only 3.9 lbs. For those used to 10x and longer video zooms it may be inconceivable to be restricted to a 2.6x (!) zoom but in the 35mm world, it's a whole different ball of wax.
Old April 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #17
Wrangler

Was the Century a re-housed Canon?
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #18
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobie Marier
Hi,
I am going to shoot a feature documentary next month in the middle east. My plan are shooting with the JVC GY 100H mounted with the mini35 + 2 zoom PL mount. My concern is more about the ergonomy and the leigthness of my kit than the pure quality of the signal ( some are telling me I sould go with the Xdcam as it can run at 50mgb). The fact is I wont have any camera assistant with me so with the Xdcam option, I’ll be forced to leave without any pro35 and 35mm zoomlens( it is going to be far to heavy and I need to be very light).
Now my question is the following. Is there anyone having HANDHELD shooting experience with this package? Did you use a micro force rig? If not how did you work with this package (without the handel of the basic INGzoom made by fujinon). And if you think my choice of package is not realistic for this kind of projet, please tell me why, I still have few days to turn around and find something better. Thank you
Have a look at http://www.dvtec.tv/id29.html
Danny Natovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #19
Regular Crew

JVC Gy 100 hd

Charles is there a web site you recommend to follow up on the Angenieux Optimo 15-40 T2.6. ?

Rand
Rand Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #20
Wrangler

There is an ad running for it in American Cinematographer I think, not sure about web presence. This seems to cover it.
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM   #21
Tourist

Looking to purchase a Mini 35 for JVC HD250

I am looking to purchase a used Mini 35 series 400 for our JVC HD250 camera.
carelton@gdiproductions.com
Carelton Holt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods