Just finished the gearbox - now to mount it, and get a pedometer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #1
Trustee

Just finished the gearbox - now to mount it, and get a pedometer

I have just finished building with a help of an amazingly talented friend, the gearbox for the Follow Focus - very tough going. I just need to attach it to the rails with the ability to adjust, and it will be good to go. So far, it works great, but there are some improvements needed. The cost is really brought down because of the DIY, but the time for this project is close to 1 week worth of work so far.
Question :
Where can I get the whiteboard marking material and the stylized knob for turning? Are most people just cannibalizing printers and audio equipment?
The pedometer is stupid its, that is for walking - pls ignore my quick fingers, Idon't know what I was thinking, unless I wanted to track how many times I turned the darn thing!!

Last edited by David Delaney; March 8th, 2006 at 08:41 AM.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #2
Major Player

dave, how much did it cost you other than time? Id be interested in a cheap one if you have the time an energy to throw together a second one. got any pics?
Old March 11th, 2006, 09:06 AM   #3
Trustee

Things are progressing, I just secured a machinist last night to build the boxes for me - but I am still working on making sure it works for different rails. It would be easier for me to make the rails and the FF gear all together, but I am afraid it won't be worth it in the end because of the time and cost - so I am hoping to hook up with someone with Wayne's SG35 rails and the CaVision rails and see the specs on those for building one. I will keep you posted Andrew.

And to answer your question about how much, I couldn't say yet because it was parts and pieces from here and there to put it together - one item I had to cannibalize from another expensive piece of machinery, so it is hard to say...
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods