Letus 35 flip on a steadicam merlin? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Trustee

Letus 35 flip on a steadicam merlin?

I have a letus35 flip, with a small nikon 35mm lens and my sony a1 on cavison rods am going to see if i can just about balance it on my merlin. it could work, a bit of a challenge, would be easier without the extra weight of the flip part! I havent weighed it but it must be close to the max for the merlin.

Dennis of Brevis fame, how is your flip module coming along, do thing it will be smaller than the letus. let me know when it is ready and i will be in touch!

Am very pleased with my letus35 flip, impressive quality but needed a few tweaks to get it to work properly and a good week of fiddling and practicing. Am surprised how well it works with the little old sony a1, can't wait to connect it to my z1 when i get home from the states!
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #2
Trustee

I dont think it will work because of the weight displacement but your bigger issue is that there will be no way to control the focus.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Trustee

the focus won't be a huge issue. it's for a walking piece to camera. as long as the dof isnt too shallow but enough to make using the 35mm adaptor worthwhile and i keep the distance between me and the presenter consistent. But mostly the effect of coming in and out of focus on the steadicam on objects could be really effect as i move to them and away from them...

p.s. one final thing, can anyone recommend a way of making my none 35mm adaptor footage shot on same camera "clean" match the adaptor stuff better, not dof wise just that slightly softish look, is there a tiffen filter out there that softens the image but not in a promist way?
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Phil.

I imagine sharpness level and colour intensity are two contenders if you can back both off a little along with matching the shutter speed.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #5
Major Player

Phil, I'm hoping to have flip stuff in time for St. Nick :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Trustee

put me down for one in a stocking please! do you think it will be same sort of size as letus 35 flip. What will total light loss be?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods