optics by mini35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #1
New Boot

optics by mini35

http://www.pstechnik.de/en/optics-lensset.php

the same range of zeiss of nikon.... it's the same?? what do you think??
Alessio Martinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow, I wonder how these compare to the nikon slr lenses, in terms of quality. Anybody know of any comparable made-for-adapter nikon mount motion picture lenses, or is this the first in it's class?
Amos Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
DVi Contributor

they are not fast, and they are pricey. they look and feel really good, I saw them at NAB,
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

I didn't see the P+S glass but another Nikon-mount lens series that I'd highly recommend - because they are sharper and have better contrast than Nikons' own glass is the newly released Zeiss ZF series. I've shot extensively with just about every brand of 35mm glass (except the old MF Olympus) and the Zeiss glass is just stunning.

For example, I have (3) 85mm f/1.4' lenses (I know, I must be sick in the head) that I've shot on my D2X and to film on the F6: the old, MF Nikkor, the new AF Nikkor and the Zeiss ZF version. The Zeiss is by far the best performer in all aspects, especially with CA - or the lack of it!
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM   #5
DVi Contributor

these are made by Zeiss, P+S just repackages them for more of a cine style look and feel
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #6
Go Go Godzilla

Yes, I just spoke to Barb @ ZGC about the P+S branded lenses; they are in fact exactly the same ZF lenses being marketed directly for the Nikon F-mount - and the P+S lenses are still using the Nikon F-mount, but the major difference is that the P+S versions already have the gear-teeth built into the focus ring so that an external ring-gear isn't no longer needed.

However, these lenses are plenty fast: f/1.4 for the 50mm and 85mm is perfect, only the wide angles are darker at f/2 and 2.8.
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #7
DVi Contributor

the current set is 4 primes, I think they will also have two more later on. I only saw the two slower primes at NAB, The main reason to have primes -when using any 35mm adapter- is to have a shallow DOF. 2 and 2.8 -for most of these adapters comes out to anywhere from 4 to 4.8 or 3.8- after adding for loss by the adapter. While I love the look and feel of the two primes I looked at, for the price range of over 2,000 per prime and with the fact they are not internal focusing - which could lead to filter damage when selecting focus- It becomes a hard sell IMO.
Old April 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Major Player

Totally agree. For the money they should have remounted the lenses in a cine helix mount at least. These still have the still helices on them...
Chris Leong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods