DIY Adapter ghosting problem. Help. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:50 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Ahh, yea, that's right ! Of course, the whole filmstrip is 35mm, but the actual image area is 24x18mm.

Just out of curiosity, ( I don't mean too hijack this thread ) but is there anyway to calculate what my 50mm lens would turn into, if I use the 24x18 area on my groundglass?
Martin Lindstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Inner Circle

In terms of depth-of-field, nothing changes, 50mm is 50mm, is and always will be, but perspectively, field-of-view becomes narrower so for a similar field-of-view, the 35mm now becomes the "normal" (ballpark only) lens. A 28mm is also near enough.

You don't get the incremental sizes in stills lenses like you can with motion picture lenses. On these wider lenses, f1.4 is ideal, f1.8 adequate but any narrower and you may be more likely to run into a corner falloff (hotspot) problem.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:42 AM   #18
Tourist

Hi Lau Ho Ming,

I live in HK as well and I am eager to start building my first DIY 35mm adapter. Seems like you are pretty experienced in this area. It would be greatful if you can give me some advice? Even pointing the direction to where I can find the parts in HK would be helpful~ Please contact me via msn: firebird0415@hotmail.com if you have the time to give me a helping hand. Thank you very much!
Ben Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I can't believe it XD I thought I'm the only Hong Kong dude. I added your MSN.
Lau Ho Ming is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods