Elphel 333 HTML - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project

Old February 12th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I don't know much of programming in flash (I'm learning). It use a lenguage called action script that is very powerfull (flash buttons can have link and much more)...maybe with practice we can load preset from a txt file or from other source and save it also! I think that with it we can do everything we can do with html but what I like more is that all is saved in only one file (link, image, sound.... are all into it!)
Matteo Pozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Spier
That's good, I'm looking forward to the new version. I think flash can be used. We should be able to make html commands on the flash animations, or am I wrong? Flash buttons can have links, but I don't know how sliders work. Maybe somone can have a look at the camcv codes and see how the ajax sliders work?
I posted the files above.

Besides that, it was very easy to save the new files on the camera... I now begin to fully appreciate that Elphel is 'open source'.
Hi Oscar

I see your using the older recording method with the dialog box. I think you will be stuck with 2gb files this route. You may need to make a script to automatically create & name the files or you will have to pause filming every 15-20minutes to create a new file.

Regards Phil

PS Im filming with the 333 in Amsterdam in two weeks.
Phil Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #18
Regular Crew

hi to all
I'm back to show you what I'm doing

http://www.webalice.it/teo.poz/elphel_GUI2/

tell me what you think
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Matteo
"That's the way I like'd..."!!!!!
PS
Time code has hours mark too and this is standard. Keep those numbers in non italic font, it will look better.
Igor Babic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #20
Major Player

Matteo,

That's really great! It looks very professional. I can't wait to get it programmed and I'll go and try what I can myself. There's a separate java script for the sliders with the camcv (also in the zip file), but it's not something I can easily understand.
I really hope we can also find a way to get audio recording into the interface too. Maybe there's a web based audio recording software that can be triggered with the same record button? ....but first, lets try to get the sliders and buttons to work.

Phil, I'm looking forward to your Amsterdam footage...will you post some? Will it be a cycling race?
You're probably right about the 2gb files, but 15 minutes is very long when you're filming scripted scenes. I'm happy enough I get around the DVR trouble I had.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 04:05 AM   #21
Regular Crew

hi and thanks to all
oscar when you have the link to the botton we need can you send me so that I can implement in the gui!? I think that is not so simple for me to get it all work cause I don't know the lenguage I'm using ....html, flash programming, javascript and now php (have you seen the new implementation!?), mysql .... I'll do my best to learn all that I can!
for audio recording take a look at this page
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics...mmapioverview/
with java maybe can be possible to record directly from html
but I think is better for us an external program like audacity and start audio recording before video rec and stop video then stop audio! cause I think that audio from html is not of high quality .....maybe is possible to connect an html button to a button of an external program ....but for this I've found nothing!
and last ....where the elphel save the file that record!? and what is the name that it give it
seeya
Old February 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #22
Major Player

Matteo, can you post the editable files so I can experiment with it in Flash? I don't think I can edit an swf file to test the html links.
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #23
Regular Crew

here you find the flash file
http://www.webalice.it/teo.poz/GUI2.zip
if you know flash is very simple to connect a button to a link
but if you do not know this lenguage send me the camera link and I'll make the job maybe the best I can do for you is to prepare the frame so that you can load it in the html gui that you are doing!
bye
Matteo
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Spier

Phil, I'm looking forward to your Amsterdam footage...will you post some? Will it be a cycling race?
You're probably right about the 2gb files, but 15 minutes is very long when you're filming scripted scenes. I'm happy enough I get around the DVR trouble I had.
Sure I will post something, I still have that Rome 333 avi sitting here with St Peters & the Colosseum etc. Not had time to start on it yet, I need voice commentary but my girl friends keep changing & with them the voices! Was filming with the 333 in Andalusia also a few weeks ago. Managed to get two hours of unbroken video behind a Russian Pro. Also filmed with a good HDV camera & you can see the difference is like chalk & cheese. The problem for me with the camera just now is really just the auto exposure which needs to be calmed down so its not so obvious.

As for filming at say 24fps I would not film at 720p but use something much bigger & then you can simply cut it in post. This way you can worry less about getting the perfect frame. You can use key frames to keep the image perfect by panning & zooming a 720 frame inside the original frame. You can shoot 27fps at 1024p so 24fps will get you even more real estate if you wanted it & the scene is not too complex. All you need is a 16:9 template in the elphel software so you have an idea of what the image will look like.
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #25
Regular Crew

hi Phil can you tell us what lens did you use for your video!? is it a fisheye!?
and how did you solve the 2gb fat32 limits?
many thanks and good work
Matteo
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:12 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo Pozzi
hi Phil can you tell us what lens did you use for your video!? is it a fisheye!?
and how did you solve the 2gb fat32 limits?
many thanks and good work
Matteo
Yes I used the Fujion 5mpix fish eye a lot last year, I have some old 16mm C-mount lenses but the Computar one seems to do a good job for me. The latest elphel software has a little DVR recorder that runs a script that makes a new file at any size less then 2gb. The default is 100mb but I normally change this to 1gb. Its a bit temperamental though & it can just stop recording for no apparent reason. I find if I format the recording drive before filming it will work. Another trick to get it to fire up when you have files already on the drive from a previous film is to change the name of the DVR folder & reinstall it.
Old February 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #27
Major Player

OK, I've installed flash on the Linux firefox browser and put Matteo's control page on the camera. As you can see, it's a bit too big, but that's just a small issue.

I must say, the new frame made by Matteo right below the ajax panel is i.m.o. exactly what we are looking for to make filming as easy as possible.
Only I'm afraid my skills in html are too little to program the sliders. Maybe we can just copy some parts of the ajax script and put it in the new panel...?

I've also edited the camcv.html some more to make the default compression quality to 85% in stead of 70%. I've tried all kinds of different things that didn't seem to work, like the default frame size and streamer type with 24fps etc. Somehow it seems those settings are not controlled from the html file. Maybe Andrey knows where to look.
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:37 AM   #28
Regular Crew

cool to see that result!
to solve the problem of the dimension you have to export the frame from flash and under ->file-->publish setting--->html---->percentage set the percentage at 100% width and 100% height so that the frame will adapt to the page size!
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:49 AM   #29
Regular Crew

for the slider in flash is not so difficult to program if we have a list of the html links in the camera we can easily program the flash frame! I don't know in html or java how they works but looking at the slider in flash for now I'm not able to write the number in the right white box but to program a simple slide I think I could
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #30
Major Player

Andrey wrote to me:
<<there is a special library for buttons among those .js files, but it was designed so that all the buttons were the same size and saved in a same *.png file. The buttons are described (as a table) in the main html file.>>

Should we see sliders as buttons too? I hope someone with more experience can take a look at the camcv html page. I'll do my best though.

Matteo, the only thing that needs to be on the bottom frame is the flash animation. Here are the files I put on the camera and the modified flash project.
http://www.degalerie.nl/1/ElphelMovieFrames.rar
Index.html is the frames page.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project