Elphel 333 HTML - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 21st, 2007, 06:32 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Hi oscar I've seen the file you uploaded! one question:
what is the function of the image with the 45° black and white line?
for the png file images:
I've seen it but is only an image with a collection of the image of the camcv interface the not more ....the elphel page reconnect to that file using raw and column! so is possible only to use square icon!
but what we need is a list of "http:\\192....... " to make the buttons work
don't worry for the slide I made in flash
If I have those command list with some patience I think I can do the job
Matteo Pozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:15 AM   #32
Major Player

The black and white line is meant to look like a movie makers clap-board. I thought it was a good clear division between the two frames.

Have you looked at the html source to see if the commands we need are in the columns of the buttons?
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM   #33
Regular Crew

I've looked at that but I've seen only (or better, I've only undestand) some preset that we can change like image width and image height for the rest I can't understand because I don't know java and looking at http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Ccam.cgi
is totally different command but for what I've understand, this is the wiki of the interface we are working on ...or not!?
it will be much more simple if we could use a mix of ccam.cgi
and videoapi
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Video_API
in case have you tried to make a frame with a button that use one of these?
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?tit...API_Extensions
tell me if it is possible!
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo Pozzi
Hi oscar I've seen the file you uploaded! one question:
what is the function of the image with the 45° black and white line?
It shows the parts of the sensors that is not currently read out (when partial window is used)
Andrey Filippov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
I've looked at that but I've seen only (or better, I've only undestand) some preset that we can change like image width and image height for the rest I can't understand because I don't know java and looking at http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Ccam.cgi
is totally different command but for what I've understand, this is the wiki of the interface we are working on ...or not!?
it will be much more simple if we could use a mix of ccam.cgi
and videoapi
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Video_API
in case have you tried to make a frame with a button that use one of these?
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?tit...API_Extensions
tell me if it is possible!
Matteo, these two APIs can not work at the same time - there is a mechanism to switch from one to another. ccam.cgi is definitely more current as I updated it myself working on camvc, it was also updated in the newer version that supports 5MPix sensors (12 bit) and higher precision "gamma" tables. Spectr also added EXIF support - current versions of the FPGA code provide precise frame timing with each frame acquired.
Unfortunately there are a couple of latest "opt=" switches that work in ccam.cgi, but are not described in wiki (like what to return if camera is busy, allow command while streaming)

In the 353 I hope that the API can be mostly written in PHP (operating in fast CGI mode) - that will make it easier to support.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Filippov
It shows the parts of the sensors that is not currently read out (when partial window is used)
thanks Andrey but I was asking for the line made by Oscar! :-)
I've understand what you mean cause I've seen the camvc at work some ago on the camera4.elphel.com and camera5 link but now I can't make them work I use win xp is this the problem?
and another question
ok we can't use the two APIs simultaneously for that I think that using an external html frame (flash?) is not possible (or not?) so, maybe the best way to change the gui is to learn javascript and change the camvc.cgi ...looking on the net I've found and installed an opensource javasript-editor (Aptana), than I've downloaded the elphel_6.5.3.tar on the sourceforge.net and I've opened the camvc.html in it (elphel_6.5.3\elphelcamera\packages\web\camvc) but I can't preview the html because it freeze on the "loading...." page so , did you know a javascript editor that can preview all the javascript without having the camera like dreamweaver do for html?! many thanks
Matteo
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
thanks Andrey but I was asking for the line made by Oscar! :-)
I've understand what you mean cause I've seen the camvc at work some ago on the camera4.elphel.com and camera5 link but now I can't make them work I use win xp is this the problem?
Those cameras still work but they could easily get in some strange states because they are opened fro the whole world. I sometimes just reboot them to get to known states.

You actually can add software there and I can find you some private IP address so others will not disturb your testing.

Quote:
ok we can't use the two APIs simultaneously for that I think that using an external html frame (flash?) is not possible (or not?) so, maybe the best way to change the gui is to learn javascript and change the camvc.cgi ...looking on the net I've found and installed an opensource javasript-editor (Aptana), than I've downloaded the elphel_6.5.3.tar on the sourceforge.net and I've opened the camvc.html in it (elphel_6.5.3\elphelcamera\packages\web\camvc) but I can't preview the html because it freeze on the "loading...." page so , did you know a javascript editor that can preview all the javascript without having the camera like dreamweaver do for html?! many thanks
Matteo
I did not use any fancy editors for AJAX development - just a browser, a camera and universal kwrite editor that colors all the languages I use (from HTML to Verilog). I do not think that integrated solutions like Dreamweaver can work - you need to have finer control over the code. I also do not see the need for flash - it will just add complexity, but in that I might be wrong - I don't use/like it myself so I do not know it.

I think what we really need now is to find a good LAMP developer for the DVR server. Spectr just upgraded the elphelOgm software and there is a lot that can be done on a PC (DVR server) side - to handle recording and handling of the recorded video - reformating, processing.
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #38
Major Player

Andrey,

We want to make a frame underneath the ajax panel with bigger control buttons and sliders for the main features (brightness, gain, contrast, exposure, white balance and frame rate)
So, there aren't any html commands for the 333 we can use to control those sliders/buttons?
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:34 AM   #39
Major Player

Double post.....
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Quote:
You actually can add software there and I can find you some private IP address so others will not disturb your testing.
Cool if you can I'll appreciate it! :-)

Quote:
I think what we really need now is to find a good LAMP developer for the DVR server. Spectr just upgraded the elphelOgm software and there is a lot that can be done on a PC (DVR server) side - to handle recording and handling of the recorded video - reformating, processing.
I'm sorry but on the linux side you can't receive any help from me but if you need something that reguard graphics in general I can give you an hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Spier
We want to make a frame underneath the ajax panel with bigger control buttons and sliders for the main features (brightness, gain, contrast, exposure, white balance and frame rate)
So, there aren't any html commands for the 333 we can use to control those sliders/buttons?
If it is possible and you can send us that list or something that teach us how to use the info on http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Ccam.cgi so that we can easily make a frame I'll appreciate it too

Last edited by Matteo Pozzi; February 26th, 2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo Pozzi View Post
Cool if you can I'll appreciate it! :-)
Done, enjoy!
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:50 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Filippov View Post
Done, enjoy!
many thanks
I've given only a look and it is amazing I can see a lot of frame and control everything oversea! best reguards
Matteo
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM   #43
Major Player

Quote:
many thanks
I've given only a look and it is amazing I can see a lot of frame and control everything oversea! best reguards
Matteo
You are welcome, Matteo.
You know what to do if you'll get the camera stuck (telnet/reboot). If it would get stuck too hard and not respond to telnet - feel free to email me - I'll be able to reboot it by power-cycling. Later we'll install a switch with output power control so remote power cycling will be possible.
Old March 4th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Andrey, sorry I haven't undertand what you mean with "camera stuck (telnet/reboot)" ...maybe is related with a freeze of the camera!? once it happens (no image when I've changed lot of parameter too fast!) and I've reset the sensor and after reloading all worked fine! for now I've tried to upload files and it is working well and now I'm reading/learning as more as I can about javascript! (according to my real job :-) ) many thanks Matteo
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
Andrey, sorry I haven't undertand what you mean with "camera stuck (telnet/reboot)"
There could be some cases when the camera will stop responding to telnet at all. Like on the computer when you have to hold the power button for several seconds.

I can not immediately think of any particular ways to do this, but things can go wrong.
Andrey Filippov is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project