View Full Version : One last 4.0 beta.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Martin Rahn
May 12th, 2009, 05:58 AM
ok once agin I am just testing. I could not get 209 build to work with CS3 it was going to try a bunch of different things betewwen cs3 and cs4 but I could not get it to import cf fies. has anyone been able to or try build 209 with cs3 on vista/64.

I have both PPro CS3 and CS4 installed on the same workstation running Windows XP Pro and SP3. I tried installing Build 209 Prospect 4 HD but it would only install on CS3. I tried opening a CS3 Prospect preset but the computer crashed immediately every time. First Light also crashed every time without even opening. Sooo, I don't even know what Build 209 can do.

It seems to me that the installer for Prospect HD 4.xx has to be set up to recognize CS3 but install it only on CS4.

Although I am tempted, I do not plan to uninstall CS3 to see if Build 209 will work with CS4. I had too much trouble getting CS3 to work and do not want to disturb it. If it ain't broke.....

This is probably a pointless question, but is HD monitoring using Black Magic Intensity still on the drawing board for Prospect? Despite the best intentions of Cineform, it never happened with Aspect.

Gary Brun
May 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Vista 64 Ultimate service pack 1
i7 920, 12gig DDR3 x 1600mhz Quadro NVS 450

I do not have CS3 installed and the latest beta installs fine in CS4 on my machine.
First light also works except for the visual side of things. I tired all transitions and effects and they work too.

I also managed to render an burn cineform files to DVD via encore.

Bruce Gruber
May 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Gary did export to CF.avi file then go to encore or did you go to encore via the dynamic link.
Thanks Bruce

Gary Brun
May 12th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Gary did export to CF.avi file then go to encore or did you go to encore via the dynamic link.
Thanks Bruce

I went via dynamic link.
My files were captured 720x576 with cineform converted from 1080i.
There is nothing on my new computer accept vista ult 64bit operating sys. CS4, Vegas, Smartsound and Sorenson Squeeze.

Bruce Gruber
May 12th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Gary
That has worked for me too because other than the source file CF is out of the picture. Using the dynamic Link Adobe is handgling the compression. And goig from HD to SD with adobe compression stinks! Try using the export/media and try the cineformavi setting.

See when I create a project I need to use both HD and SD so I can not compress before I edit.
Thsnks Bruce

Bruce Gruber
May 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Ok I used CS3 and CF 3.4.9 exported to CF.avi 720x480 wide High Quality ran like a breeze now I imported to Encore CS4 I repeat CS4 Encore and exported to DVD once again ran like a champ no problems with the menus or nothing! SO I am assuming its the CF file that is having a problem?

Bruce Gruber
May 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ok I spoke too soon...Now Encore crashed after burning DVD> I can not open that project with out it crashing everytime! Encore CS4

Michael Panfeld
May 12th, 2009, 12:53 PM
OK, so late last night I remembered that there was an Adobe update in December (4.01). I updated the CS4 suite this AM and it made a night and day difference. The timeline opened up just fine. The rendered parts were not squished anymore. The preview and program windows scrubbed the clips. Audio playback was just fine.

I attempted to export to Encore and it didn't blow up! I left for work as it was rendering. I noted that the 4 cores were running in the 80-90% range. Hopefully when I get back, it will be done. I say that because the estimated time was over 2 hours and getting larger (In CS3, this only took about 27 minutes using the same settings - 2 pass VBR and the highest quality and bit rates).

One annoying thing was that it still is generating the peak files each time a project is opened.

Gary Brun
May 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yes I have the problems with peak files.
All my adobe software and cineform software are the latest builds.
I'm sure when adobe release their update sometime this month then cineform can fix the realtime engine.

Cameron Smeal
May 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, here's a link: Cineform Tech Blog quality (http://techblog.cineform.com/?tag=quality).
There's one out in the wild, too--a review that the writer used a pixel-comparison program as part of the review, to provide a mathematical quantification to the generational loss. Can't remember the link, though. :(

Thanks Matt!

Jay Bloomfield
May 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Here's another intermediate codec "face off" done by an independent and very credible blogger:

Eugenia’s Rants and Thoughts Blog Archive Intermediate Codecs: the face-off (http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2008/09/15/intermediate-codecs-the-face-off/)