View Full Version : Best shoulder mount have used for ex1/3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Phil Bloom
August 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM
It's great. Not cheap as you need not just the mount but ideally the strengthening plate and V mount batteries. But bloody hell does it make that camera amazing for handheld!

Philip Bloom Blog Archive The best shoulder mount I have used for my Sony EX3 by far (http://philipbloom.co.uk/2009/08/17/the-best-shoulder-mount-i-have-used-for-my-sony-ex3-by-far/)

Mike Chandler
August 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Looks great, Phil, but if I'm adding it all up correctly, it's going to cost about $2k to get the mount, plate, batteries, and charger. Think I'll stick with the EL Cheapo for now.

Phil Bloom
August 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
yep, unless you have already invested in Pro batteries and charger for your pro cams then yes it's a costly investment!

Olof Ekbergh
August 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I am working on a production version of the rig in this post:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-xdcam-ex-cinealta/238530-my-version-shoulder-mount.html

I should have it for sale this winter at less than $700.00.

[ Note from Admin: See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/dv-info-net-announcements/announcement-marketing-site-prohibited-without-prior-agreement.html ]

Svein Rune Skilnand
August 29th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Hi.
I have recently invested in an EX3. I love the images but struggling to work handheld. I have been looking at the solutions for shoulder mounts and I must say I like the Protech, allthough it is pricey.

What I would like is to just get a shoulderpad for it, but am I correct in thinking that that wouldn`t make up for the front heavy design nad weight distribution? Do I need all the batteries as well? Am I the only one thinking that this camera just gets bigger as everything is added to it? My reason for asking is that I would like to keep it small.

Has anyone tried the Easyrig by the way?

Thanks for reading.

Svein Rune

Vincent Oliver
August 29th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Jeff has modified his original DM shoulder brace. Take a look at his new version, it is excellent.

DM-Accessories - EX3-SHOULDER Shoulder Brace For EX3 Camcorders (http://shop.dm-accessories.com/products/ex3-shoulder)

Svein Rune Skilnand
September 9th, 2009, 05:13 AM
That looks great, and not too pricey either. Do I also need the strenghtening plate for my tripod or is that part of the package? I feel that the EX3 ontop of a tripod is somewhat wiggly.

Vincent Oliver
September 9th, 2009, 05:22 AM
The base of the shoulder brace provides the extra security. This is attached via one large screw on the base and then two screws at the rear. The kit comes complete with all the screws. I have mounted a Manfrotto quick release to the bottom of the DM mount, you can mount most quick release plates to the DM brace. The Sony shoulder pad can be fitted to the rear of the base mount, but then you can't mount the DM shoulder section.

I would have liked a quick release on the actual shoulder section, this would make it easier to fit in my camera case. Other than that, it works very well.

Doug Jensen
September 9th, 2009, 06:03 AM
An even less expensive option that makes it simple to carry mic receivers, batteries, or counter-weights for balance.
Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training (http://www.vortexmedia.com/SB1.html)

Vincent Oliver
September 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Maybe cheaper Doug, but is it as good?

From the pictures I see on your website, the brace looks like it is only attached by the tripod screw. How do you stop it from swiveling on its axis and can you attach a quick release plate to it?

I like the idea of the rear box for holding "extra tapes/discs" - must look at my EX3 manual again to see where these fit. :-)

Doug Jensen
September 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Vincent,
Yes, those are two differences between the two.

Jon Braeley
September 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
This does look interesting - Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training

But the single screw connection does worry me - are there any reviews in the field that we can read? Any comments from users?

Is this item in stock for shipping? Thanks.

Svein Rune Skilnand
September 11th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Doug, thank you for posting. Excellent DVD on the EX3 by the way.

Your shoulder support is interesting. But is puts me off since I will not be able to put the camera in my bag anymore with that brace attached. I don`t like to put things together when I am on a shoot, since a lot of my work is documentary and need to move in a hurry.

Just out of curiosity, why have you stopped using your disc- based cam and starting shooting on the EX3 instead? I am actually starting to regret I did`nt buy the 335 instead , also for arcival reasons. I think my EX3 is looking more and more like something out of the movie Transformers.

I guess the next EX3 will have more of a form factor like the JVC HM700. The EX3 is an excellent camera but it has its flaws when it comes to design. Why did Sony look to Canon in designing?

Craig Seeman
September 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
This looks interesting but having two handles doesn't leave an hand free unless you have an extra arm.
Redrock microShoulderMount (http://www.redrockmicro.com/microShoulderMount/index.html)

Doug Jensen
September 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Is this item in stock for shipping? Thanks.

Yes, both the VSB1 and VSB3 are in stock.

Doug Jensen
September 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Your shoulder support is interesting. But is puts me off since I will not be able to put the camera in my bag anymore with that brace attached. I don`t like to put things together when I am on a shoot, since a lot of my work is documentary and need to move in a hurry.

You're right, most people won't be able to leave the camera attached when they put it in its case. The VSB1 and VSB3 are inexpensive and simple solutions to to make the cameras more user-friendly, but obviously they can't meet the needs of everyone.

Doug Jensen
September 11th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, why have you stopped using your disc- based cam and starting shooting on the EX3 instead? I am actually starting to regret I did`nt buy the 335 instead , also for arcival reasons. I think my EX3 is looking more and more like something out of the movie Transformers.

I guess the next EX3 will have more of a form factor like the JVC HM700. The EX3 is an excellent camera but it has its flaws when it comes to design. Why did Sony look to Canon in designing?

Good question. I don't know why Sony chose to go with this particular design for the EX3, but I don't mind it. I wish the viewfinder would fold down, but that's my only complaint about the shape.

I stopped using my F350 because I like the picture quality of the EX3 better. I prefer a shoulder-mount camera and I prefer shooting on optical disc, but I was willing to give up those features of the F350 for the better picture quality.

BTW, I'm selling my F350 if anybody is interested. It's in mint condition with not a scratch or speck of dust on it.

Svein Rune Skilnand
September 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Doug, in what way do you feel that the EX3 is better than your 350 when it comes to picture quality?

I could be interested in your camera. You can send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Svein Rune

Boyd Ostroff
September 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM
This looks interesting but having two handles doesn't leave an hand free unless you have an extra arm.
Redrock microShoulderMount (http://www.redrockmicro.com/microShoulderMount/index.html)

Cavision makes something similar with two handles: EX1 Accessories (http://www.cavision.com/pictures/EX1/EX1.htm)

I have been using the Century/Vocas mattebox on my EX1 which includes a flip-out shoulder brace. It's not perfect, but I'm learning to like it:

DVMB W/A KIT 15MM SUPPORT EX1 - Schneider Optics (http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=1390&IID=6415)

Doug Jensen
September 12th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Doug, in what way do you feel that the EX3 is better than your 350 when it comes to picture quality?

It's hard to explain the difference in words, but, in my opinion, the EX3's picture is cleaner, brighter, and crisper looking than the F350. I also prefer shooting full 1920 instead of 1440 anamorphic.I'm not saying the F350 is bad, I'm just saying that for what I shoot, the EX3 looks better to me.

I'll PM you about the camera.
Thanks.

Brett Sherman
September 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM

I too have never been impressed with handles. I don't know about anyone else. But I need two hands to operate the camera.

However, I'm plan on putting together something for my EX1 with this setup. With the Hoodman Hoodloupe setup I'm hoping I can mount the camera directly on the shoulder mount and not need the rails at all. It depends on how far forward I can get the camera.

Even if I need some short rails, I'm ditching the handles.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM
However, I'm plan on putting together something for my EX1 with this setup. With the Hoodman Hoodloupe setup I'm hoping I can mount the camera directly on the shoulder mount and not need the rails at all. It depends on how far forward I can get the camera.

I'm afraid it won't work, Brett - with this shoulder mount, the camera is simply too high when put on your shoulder (for best balance), for its LCD to be usable (with or without a loupe).

The only way of using it with the EX1 is a separate monitor (and a remote on the handle).

Gints Klimanis
September 14th, 2009, 12:40 PM
From the pictures I see on your website, the brace looks like it is only attached by the tripod screw. How do you stop it from swiveling on its axis and can you attach a quick release plate to it?

If you're on the move, you need the quick release plate. I added an RRS QR plate as I already had their camcorder foot and another plate. If only their camcorder plate were longer ...

Jon Braeley
September 15th, 2009, 05:47 AM
That does bring up a point - Doug can your shoulder mount be used while you have a quick release plate attached to the cam - I leave my Miller plate on as a default. As a doc maker, I have to move pretty fast sometimes.

Doug Jensen
September 15th, 2009, 07:47 AM
That does bring up a point - Doug can your shoulder mount be used while you have a quick release plate attached to the cam

It depends which model you are using. The VSB1 shoulder brace for the EX1, Z7U, Z1U, etc. will allow you to keep your tripod quick release plate attached at all times. No problem.

However, the VSB3 shoulder brace, which is designed only to be used with the EX3, does not allow you to keep your quick release plate attached -- unless you are able to find a screw that has the right length and the right head shape to go through the quick-release plate, through the shoulder brace, and into the camera. I have not been able to locate a screw that will work properly.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training (http://www.vortexmedia.com/SB1.html)

In case anyone is wondering why there are two models, I'll explain.

The EX3's viewfinder is located on the side of the camera instead of at the rear as it is on the EX1. If the VSB1 did not shift the EX1 over so it sits in front of the cameraman's face, it would be in front of the shoulder instead your right eye. However, this shifting isn't needed on the EX3 because the viewfinder is already situated to the left of the camera body.

These two photos illustrate the difference better than I could say in words.

http://www.vortexmedia.com/images/VSB3_A_med.jpg
http://www.vortexmedia.com/images/VSB1_photo5L.jpg

The shoulder brace the Phil talks about in his blog does not seem to address this issue, and therefore, might not work too well with an EX1.

Like I said earlier, the VSB1 and VSB3 are inexpensive solutions for making the camera easier to hand-hold, but they wouldn't be the right choice for everyone.

Brett OBourke
September 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM
We've only had it out on three or four shoots - mostly run and gun documentary stuff - but so far I'm super impressed with the RedRock shoulder mount.

It's very solid on the shoulder, especially with a battery or monitor on the back, and the handles offer a very steady and comfortable feel. I was a little concerned at first about the ability to handle the set-up one-handed, so the other hand can be there for focus, zoom, white balance, etc., but the ability to move the camera front and back on the rails allows you to dial in a balance point, making it easy to operate the camera with either hand and support with the other. And when you don't need a hand on the camera, its rock solid and comfortable.

Added bonus, the quick releases make for super quick break down and all fits with room to spare in my Kata CC-196.

Sorry to sound like a RR commercial here. But $$ were tight and I was a little nervous about being sure we bought exactly what we needed. I did a lot of research and definitly feel like the RR gives us the best bang for the buck.

Brett Sherman
September 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'm afraid it won't work, Brett - with this shoulder mount, the camera is simply too high when put on your shoulder (for best balance), for its LCD to be usable (with or without a loupe).

Really. Have you tried it? Look at the attached picture, it looks like I might have to tilt the LCD down a bit but I think it would work.

Brett Sherman
September 15th, 2009, 01:57 PM
On second thought, with a tripod plate and receiver, I think it will get too high. The only way is if I could mount the tripod plate receiver directly to the shoulder mount baseplate without their plate. Hmmm. Looks like a call to Redrock.

Barry J. Weckesser
September 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
On second thought, with a tripod plate and receiver, I think it will get too high. The only way is if I could mount the tripod plate receiver directly to the shoulder mount baseplate without their plate. Hmmm. Looks like a call to Redrock.

With the camera approx. 3" above the shoulder and close enough to look through the HoodLoupe (LCD tilted down) my face was sort of squished next to the body of the camera (and I have a fairly thin face) and it was quite uncomfortable and never could get a proper seal of the eyecup with my eye (was just trying to see how it would be like with the Redrock Shoulder Mount).

Piotr Wozniacki
September 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Really. Have you tried it? Look at the attached picture, it looks like I might have to tilt the LCD down a bit but I think it would work.

I haven't got the Hoodman loupe, but I do have and use Redrock microShoulderMount - and I can tell you again, that you must put the camera much further back than on the photo you posted. Just look at the girl and her rig - where is she shooting? Certainly not level... The rig with camera as depicted, is much too front-heavy.

Now imagine the camera right over her shoulder, and add some QR plate in-between it and the shoulder mount post; to use the LCD she would have to look up at some 35-45 degrees.

If I find some time tomorrow, I'll post some pics of my rig to show you my point.

Brett OBourke
September 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
The RedRock is pretty adjustable. Check out their videos on Vimeo for different configs.

Redrock microShoulderMount Overview on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/1193242)

B

Bob Grant
September 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Piotr is entirely correct. We have the complete Zacuto mechano set and then some. We can mount an EX camera in any position relative to the shoulder you care to try, none work as well as a camera designed to be shoulder mounted.
The problem is not in the design of the shoulder mount, the problem is the position of the components of the camera. The only solution is taking a hacksaw to the camera.
Pretty much in our efforts you end up with two positions for the camera.
Body forward of the shoulder. Problem here is the lens is too low, shots are 'up the nose'
Body on top of the shoulder i.e. base of camera shoulder pad thickness higher than the shoulder. Now the lens is at the correct height. Problem is the viewfinder is too high. You can angle it down and look up into it but your neck will soon give out.

We have used a configuration where the rails drop below the shoulder. This sort of works. The viewfinder is now too far forward to be used. You need handles. You therefore need at least remote zoom and maybe focus control on those handles. You need a lot of counterweight thanks to having to add a monitor. This solution is NOT cheap, we use two big brick batteries for counterweighting. Add up all the Zacuto parts, the remote controls and a 9" TV Logic monitor and you've doubled the cost of the camera.
It's also not very practical, you need a lot of clearance behind you, you've got to be very careful you don't brain someone with the batteries. I think I'd rather go into battle with a 35mm camera on my shoulder than this configuration but it has been used.

No doubt at some time Sony will release a shoulder mount XDCAM EX camera.

I've now got my Hoodman Loupe. Will post my findings separately.

Bob Grant
September 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry no pictures. Home alone so the only pictures I could take have already been posted.

Quite a task opening all those clamshell packages.
This is a collection of bits, some of what you're paying for is rendered useless. The quite nice pouch for the original loupe will not hold the complete assembly and the neck strap is also now a waste. Not a big issue as you'd not likely be taking the loupe on and off the camera a lot.

Once assembled the unit works quite well. The diopter adjustment does cause the eyecup to rotate but once you set the diopter you can grip the ring and rotate the eyecup independantly. The attachment band does hold the loupe quite well to the LCD. Everything is well built, no complaints there. Landed cost to me inc freight was pretty high though. Hoodman could use a much smaller box and save us all some freight. None of the agents in AU seemed remotely interested in stocking these and even if they did I doubt it'd be any cheaper than buying directly.

For Piotr, yes it does work OK hand held. Rear left cheek of the camera ends up under my right cheek, EVF tickling my ear, some bracing from shoulder against battery. Right hand holds camera handgrip, left hand on focus ring. Eyecup against my glasses and I can focus loupe with glasses on, yeah. No excessive load on LCD hinge. The only problem is the lens is too low, it's workable but if walk up interviews are your bread and butter not good unless you're pretty tall. In this configuration your arms are carrying the full weight of the camera. Anything more than the basic camera would be tiring unless you're fit and exercise arm muscles.

I would suggest caution using the loupe outdoors. There has to be a very real risk of burning out the LCD if the sun gets focussed through the loupe onto the LCD. This is no new problem unique to this loupe. The sox loupe does avoid this problem but it's not really very practical for hand held. Once you 'fix' the sox loupe to hold it's focus you're back to the same problem.

Hoodman I think could have improved this solution. Sell the unit assembled minus the unneeded bits. I appreciate there's a question of inventory to consider though. The attachment system while functional is still crude. The extension piece could have been replaced by a complete mounting solution that has a 'U' section with a channel so it slides onto the viewfinder into the correct position. This would be much quicker to mount and dismount from the camera and look bit more professional. Perhaps Hoodman did consider this option but couldn't justify the tooling costs.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 16th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Bob is correct. As promised, 4 pics of my RR shoulder mount as is, after a long time trial & error testing. As you can see, the camera is almost on top of my shoulder (check its position relative to the shoulder pad). With the matte box and monitor, it's still front heavy (even with considerable counterbalance from the PAG battery, Tekkeon monitor battery, and soon to come NanoFlash on top of them). Not to mention my Letus between the camera and the matte box...

Judging from the relative position of the LCD and the shoulder pad, and using your imagination on where my head/eye would be - can anyone advise whether or not the Hoodman Loupe would fit? I guess it wouldn't - even though I wish it would, thus making the rig free of the monitor (which is now obligatory).

The Manhattan 10.9" HD monitor is great when on the tripod, but not with this shoulder mount arrangement!

Vincent Oliver
September 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
So much for keeping the EX camera as a portable system, it woulddn't look out of place as the alien space ship in a Star Wars movie.

Barry J. Weckesser
September 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Bob is correct. As promised, 4 pics of my RR shoulder mount as is, after a long time trial & error testing. As you can see, the camera is almost on top of my shoulder (check its position relative to the shoulder pad). With the matte box and monitor, it's still front heavy (even with considerable counterbalance from the PAG battery, Tekkeon monitor battery, and soon to come NanoFlash on top of them). Not to mention my Letus between the camera and the matte box...

Judging from the relative position of the LCD and the shoulder pad, and using your imagination on where my head/eye would be - can anyone advise whether or not the Hoodman Loupe would fit? I guess it wouldn't - even though I wish it would, thus making the rig free of the monitor (which is now obligatory).

The Manhattan 10.9" HD monitor is great when on the tripod, but not with this shoulder mount arrangement!

Good Lord Pitor!! How much does all of that weigh?

In answer to your question (and after my test - which did not come close to reporoducing the actual height of the camera with your system) - there is no way the HoodLoupe will work - just too great a distance and tilt.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 16th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Good Lord Pitor!! How much does all of that weigh?

In answer to your question (and after my test - which did not come close to reporoducing the actual height of the camera with your system) - there is no way the HoodLoupe will work - just too great a distance and tilt.

So I thought, Barry :)

But I'm still considering the HoodLoupe for my naked-camera, hand-held shootng!

PS. The rig depicted IS heavy, but quite well balanced and actually working...

Svein Rune Skilnand
September 18th, 2009, 02:40 AM
There seems to be quite a few solutions out there but after having read the posts and looked at various websites and the pictures you guys have put up, I must say I agree with Philip that the Protech, albeit pricey, probably is the best solution.

But I must also say that it should be unneccesary to buy these add- ons to such a camera.
I mean, the JVC HM700 is perfect on the shoulder right from the beginning as is the HPX301 by Panasonic.

I am not to happy with having spent so much money on an excellent camera as an EX3, just to buy a lot of accessories to make it work. Then again I should have checked that earlier, but I never thought it would be such an issue.

I like the camera better on a tripod, although it is a bit wiggly.

Alister Chapman
September 18th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Piotr, what kind of shoot do you use a rig like that on? If your going to lug that lot around you'd be better off with a stedicam type device.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 04:32 AM
There seems to be quite a few solutions out there but after having read the posts and looked at various websites and the pictures you guys have put up, I must say I agree with Philip that the Protech, albeit pricey, probably is the best solution.

I agree, but what about the EX1 users?

I'd love to have a small, lightweight, unobtrusive device that would allow me to support the rig on my shoulder, while allowing me to use the camera's own handgrip with my right hand, with an LCD extension like the HoodLoupe against my eye, and my left hand free to support the camera and operate its controls at the same time...

I wonder if all this could be achieved with Vortex' VSB3 (the one intended for the EX3), and the Hoodman loupe. Doug, could you try it for us?

PS. Considering its simplicity, the VSB shoulder mounts should be way cheaper, though...

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Piotr, what kind of shoot do you use a rig like that on? If your going to lug that lot around you'd be better off with a stedicam type device.

I agree, Alister. I must admit that if I knew the LCD is useless on this kind of a shoulder mount, and a monitor is essential - I'd think twice before buying the RR shoulder mount (even though it's a very well made, and highly configurable system). I'd also buy a much smaller monitor...

Anyway, to answer your question: 90% of my work is done with a tripod anyway (I do live classic music concerts). It happens quite often that I do an ad-hoc interview with the artist right after recording his performance; those people are usually very busy, and in a hurry - so when there's no chance of a more controlled arrangement, I grab the rig as depicted and do a "standing" short interview. For up to half an hour, no problem for me - and much steadier picture than hand-holding a naked camera! Plus I've got a small fill light, a shotgun, and a matte box for filters as needed (still waiting for the promised IR one from Tiffen, though),

Vincent Oliver
September 18th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Piotr,

Try a monopod it's quick to set up and keeps the camera steady. Better still you can enter a room without losing half the rig on the door frame or poking the second violinist eye out.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Piotr,

Try a monopod it's quick to set up and keeps the camera steady. Better still you can enter a room without losing half the rig on the door frame or poking the second violinist eye out.

Yes I've been using a monopod for those casual shootings as well - see my photo at vimeo, like here Marcin Dylla plays Rossinina at the Polish Royal Castle in Krakow on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/2276175)

:)

Vincent Oliver
September 18th, 2009, 06:33 AM
What superb guitar playing, love the setting too. A few close up shots of fingers would have looked good too.

Be honest here, did he wear a brown shirt or is it a case of IR contamination.

Must dust my violin fingerboard again, I've been inspired.

Thanks

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 06:44 AM
What superb guitar playing, love the setting too. A few close up shots of fingers would have looked good too.

Absolutely - there's plenty of close-ups elsewhere on the DVD.

Be honest here, did he wear a brown shirt or is it a case of IR contamination.

Bingo!

His shirt was black.

Alister Chapman
September 18th, 2009, 07:06 AM
You can see the full details of my current EX3 and NanoFlash rig here XDCAM-USER.com EX3 With NanoFlash Camera rig. (http://www.xdcam-user.com/?p=185)

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 07:10 AM
You can see the full details of my current EX3 and NanoFlash rig here XDCAM-USER.com EX3 With NanoFlash Camera rig. (http://www.xdcam-user.com/?p=185)

Now THAT's a great rig, Alister!

Vincent Oliver
September 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Is this the start of my one is bigger than yours, competition?

If so then I will go up into my loft and dig out the Meccano set. :-)

ps. Piotr, Mrs Oliver loves the music, are you selling the DVD?

Piotr Wozniacki
September 18th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Vincent,

Here's our team's web site address:
Castello (http://castellogt.pl/index.php?id1=2666)

Unfortunately, still in Polish only - but you can write an e-mail to castellogt@gmail.com (please quote me on that), and they'll be happy to help you (I'm not involved in sales personally).

My kind Regards to Mrs Oliver :)

Alister Chapman
September 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Is this the start of my one is bigger than yours, competition?

If so then I will go up into my loft and dig out the Meccano set. :-)

I don 't consider my rig to be big. If you want big I'll go dig out the old JVC KY2000 with CR4400 Umatic "portable" that I have in my loft. Last time I tried it still worked!