View Full Version : C100/Ninja 2 ...

Stu McAlister
February 28th, 2020, 07:55 AM
Hi all,

My trusty C100 will no longer connect to my Ninja 2.

I tried with a mate’s C100 with the same result.

I changed the HDMI cables 3 times. Same result.

The Ninja 2 continued to claim that there was ‘No Signal’.

Strange, it was working last week and no menu changes have been made at all.

I plugged the C100 into an external monitor and then a smart TV - all was well. A good, clean picture, the HDMI connections were all snug and jiggling them did not reveal any loose connections or result in any picture breakup.

I then plugged my 5DMK4 into the Ninja 2 and the video image appeared immediately. Again, a good, clear picture and no issues when the HDMI connectors were jiggled about. We tried a second DSLR and that worked well too.

So, the Ninja 2 has refused to work with 2 different C100 cameras but works quite happily with a Canon 5DMK4.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Cheers!

C100 menu settings:

OTHER FUNCTIONS > HDMI – TIME CODE > ON

REC COMMAND > ON

VIDEO SETUP > CHARACTER DISPLAY > EXT OUT

HD ONSCREEN DISPLAY > ON

Marius Pavel
February 28th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Maybe you bent a pin or so. try to send it to service, they will figure it out!

Nate Haustein
February 28th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Wave your hand around in front of the lens or pan left and right with the camera. The recorder might need to lock on to the pulldown.

Stu McAlister
February 29th, 2020, 03:04 AM
Nate: Thanks for your suggestion. Tried that, no luck.

This morning I repeated changing HDMI cables and plugging the C100 into different screens: field monitor, smart TV ... all fine so there's no problem with the output of the C100 or the HDMI cables - just the Ninja 2 taking the C100 signal.

It still accepts the 5D signal without a problem, leaping into life straight away.