Successor to GL2 soon? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old October 17th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #31
Old Boot

. . yeah including the statement from Chris that . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Alas, that's the impetus behind this forum. ;-)

. . Well I know for a "FACT" that Area51 has live spacemen in it!

Nice try Chris! See, even he is trying to pull the wool over our eyes - shame on you - "Absolutely nothing" ! Huh, I for one ain't falling for THAT one!

Hey, wanna join me on a jaunt I'm having? Going to visit the Moon - needed some cheese for lunch . .. and yes, Wallace IS joining me too.

Grazie

. . just corrected the spilling!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #32
Regular Crew

These forums help me with my reading and writing skills. I wish it would help with my spelling. Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #33
Old Boot

Steve! Just corrected me spulling - thank you - G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #34
Regular Crew

SORRY! about that I'am the worlds worst speller. Hope I did not come across wrong on that. Oh sometimes I get a good laugh from the post here also. Good reason to read them.

Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #35
Wrangler

my karma practically guarantees that an HD GL3 is right around the corner, because i just purchased the FX-1. just like an updated imac G5 was released the minute i bought the older one.

having a mighty fine time with the FX-1, though. it is really fantastic, and i'm glad i didn't wait. i'd show you, but for some indefinable reason, i'm having major upload problems....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #36
Major Player

the GL H1 or GL3 will have 3 interlaced chips because Canon has sided with Sonys flavour on hdv which is 1080i and not JVCs 720p. JVC is the only maker of hdv that use progressive chips and it would be suicidal for Canon to release a 24p camera under their flagship XL H1 that use 24f which is synthetic. which would u choose?

so hopefully this camera will come out soon so I can judge it for myself and compare it against the hd100 because Im goin to buy a hdv cam very soon
Jemore Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #37
Outer Circle

Hopefully, the new GL3 will be black, like the Japanese version, and as compact as the Panasonic GS400 but with bigger chips and a cigarette lighter---though I don't smoke cigarettes; just the pipe and no funny stuff.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Frank i'am with you on the silver paint! Most of my Canon stuff is SILVER! Not a good choice for wildlife vids and hunts in the outdoors. Canon has great L glass lens for still cameras but.... they are white and I hate to put that camo tape on a $1,600.00 lens. I had to make a camo cover for my GL2 to hide all the silver. My wife has a ZR200 cam also and YEP Silver. My 300 dig camera SILVER. canon please use a black case. Anyone else on our side?

Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51