New compact Canon 4K video camera? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old January 30th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Re: New compact Canon 4K video camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Koha View Post
A C100 is right in my wheelhouse though. It's just the problem of having to get lenses too.
$900 for an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, and you might as well get some JB Weld and fix 'er on there because it might be the only lens you'll ever need for that camera. Well, until you need telephoto, anyway. And then get yourself an EF 70-200mm f/4L for a paltry $600.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #17
Major Player

It seems to me obvious that Canon will come out with 4k cameras later this year having seen what Sony, Panasonic and JVC have got right and wrong. I'd expect the range (to be announced at NAB?) to be very similar to the current tape-less HD cameras:
1) an XA25-sized camera recording to the latest, fastest SD, but probably with similar data-rate limitations to the Sony AX100;
2) an XF100/200-sized cam with 4k@60P (recording to what cards?), possibly with a modest zoom-range to meet size and weight targets;
2) an XF300-size record-anything, output-everything monster.

The one thing I fervently hope is that the brilliantly-useful zoom-speed control-wheel, found on the XH-A1 and XF300, but missing from the current XF100, is included in the medium-size camera this time.

I'm looking forward to better-than-average 4k and the best possible 1080 from a camera much the same size as an XM1, that's as easy to use as the XH-A1, and with that camera's sensible and trustworthy auto functions (when you need auto, you must to be able to rely on it)
Old March 26th, 2015, 08:29 PM   #18
Space Hipster

It looks like this rumor proved true!

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-...ckie-chan.html
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51