The Most Beautiful HD shot seen tonight! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old March 20th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #16
Major Player

I don't want to turn this into a racial debate.

The underline context is the feelings of Asian countries towards Japan. Their is an emotional level attached, due to the Japanese invasion of Asian countries.

All this was in the past, but as the German's have said, Japan has done wrong but do not want to admit to it. This is in reference to Japanese politicians approving Japanese history books that keeps trying to change the course of Japanese history to it's children saying Japan had done no wrong. Then, Japan claiming territory on an island owned by Korea as theirs, just recently, yet again, even after they have admitted the island belongs to Korea several times in the past.

So a statement like what Ichi or Oh says brings a lot of subcontext to the statements. To best put this in example...Think of it as a sheriff saying, "Boy, you got some nerve coming here." to a black man.

To this, I'll say Ichi just made a bad statement. He had national pride, as most humans will for their countries.

One thing I'll say is that the Koreans did play well up to the last moment. Maybe the Korean government should have kept the promise of getting out of military service till they made the finals. :)

I think the Korean baseball team has hurt the Japanese baseball team to a larger extent then they want to admit. They don't mention the Korean teams ability to play on the website. The only comment is that Ichi didn't let the Korean fans booing him affect him and that he expected more booing from them as it would have driven him harder.

To this, I say to Ichi, did you not see yourself during the second game, cursing the fans and cursing again when Korea won? You face was all over. I sure saw it in High Def. I sure don't think you acted that way when you were playing other teams...

Again, Japan did play well. It'll be an interesting match with Cuba against Japan.

One more thing, there is debate about the proper spelling of Korea. The story line goes that Japan did not want Korea to be first in the alphabetical order. Japan, Korea, Lao, etc...Korea, would have been called Corea, as known throughout the rest of the world,today, is still called Korea in the United States. The change in spelling of Corea to Korea was petitioned by Japan during the occupation of Korea by Japan. Gramatically, Corea would be the correct way of spelling as well.

To think, who would have thought you would get a lesson in World History on this web site. The history lesson is so that you can understand why the rivarly is there between the two nations.

The story about the Japanese flag based on the Korean flag is for another day, and another website.

Till then, I'll watch my Hitachi big screen HDTV.
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #17
Trustee

"Gramatically, Corea would be the correct way of spelling as well."

Well they had a big "K" on the helmet, and Korea writen on their shirts. I don't think they just threw together their uniforms the day of the game. They spelled it with a "K" befor they came to the games. I don't think they can blame that on Japan. As far as the flags go, one is a rising sun, and the other is a yin/jang. Both are circles, but not exactly overly similar to my eye.
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Ken,

I'm not turning this into another debate about the issue on fashion sense.

What I stated was to give the readers an understanding on why there is a rivalry.

You can do a google check for the history of Corea and Korea.

As to the yin/yang and the rising sun, that's for another debate on another website, but just to wet your appetite, the swirl for the yin/yang was only done halfway. From what I remember from my history lessons, Korea did not want Japan to imitate Korea's flag, so the flag was not completed. It was plain white with a half circle painted on it. Korea gave Japan the idea that it was how the flag was going to be done. When Japan declared their flag, Korea finished their flag as it was intended. The four corners of the flags represent something.

Ken, you seem to be knowledgeable about the issues so I'll let you figure things out and report back on what the four corners of the flag mean.

Did I mention that I didn't want this to turn into a hate debate?

I've now tossed my Rose colored glasses for my Hitachi HDTV. Life's beautiful in HD!
Old March 20th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #19
Major Player

Well, 7th inning and Japan leading 6-3.

Japan is doing pretty good. Too bad I can't watch the game on tv. Gotta listen in on radio for the scores.

Man, I can't believe I'm missing this game.

I wonder how Fidel will treat the players if they lose?

I just want people to realize another thing about Korea and Japan. The biggest import in the entertainment industry are Korean stars in Japan. A lot of Korean pros play for Japanese baseball.

Boa, a Korean singer is one of the highest rated singers in Japan. Bae Yung Jun has fans that kept him from leaving Japan for several months. He's even brought a 20 million dollar home in Japan.

So, again, don't turn this into a hate debate.

Someone tell me that they are watching this game in HD.
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #20
Major Player

Okay, I just heard it's 6-5 and there's a pitcher change. What'd I miss?

I was thinking the score would be more along the lines of 4-2 for the outcome.

Dang, why can't I watch the game in HD!
Old March 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #21
Trustee

"Too bad I can't watch the game on tv."

What are you kidding? Why?

"I wonder how Fidel will treat the players if they lose?"

That is a redneck joke right?

Its in the 9th. Cuba (KoooBa) with their backs to the wall.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM   #22
Trustee

Sushi anyone?

See you in four years John. Don't feel bad Corea is now considered a global power. No one was willing to name them a top 4 team befor the games begun. Heck you could be Canada! Well at least my team beat the USA.
Thats all that really matters. ;>)
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:09 AM   #23
Major Player

Well 10-6 or was it 9-6?

Anyway, I missed it Ken. Yeah, my receptions on the blink. Go figure.

So, Sushi and Cuban cigars it is. Where you treating everyone to Sushi at Ken? :)

Gotta go, time to go to Neverland.
John Kang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51