Videography opportunity of a lifetime - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #31
Inner Circle

^Or...

La Palma, Volcano erupts, Landslide occurs, Bye bye East coast.

Deep Impact actually gives you a good idea of what this event might look like, of course, after this we'll have real footage of one.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #32
Trustee

I heard bush bombed the canary islands already in attempt to fight the bird-flu.

But seriously, I've already paid my security deposit for my apartment in atlanta, if it get's wiped out do I get my deposit back or am I just S.O.L. cause well that would suck.
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
I heard bush bombed the canary islands already in attempt to fight the bird-flu.
Too funny.

Quote:
But seriously, I've already paid my security deposit for my apartment in atlanta, if it get's wiped out do I get my deposit back or am I just S.O.L. cause well that would suck.
Elevation here is about 1000 feet. Be sure to buy gas on the 24th.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Hey, I live right buy one of the few ountains around atlanta (no not stone). So I'll just run up there when that 1000 foot wave comes. More likely I'll just drive to alabama....well on second thought maybe not
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #35
Trustee

Jim so what you're saying is I could have Beach front property then eh? If gas prices end up going crazy(er) I'm just converting my car to biodeisel earlier then I had planned.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:14 AM   #36
Major Player

T minus 3 days & counting till dooms day.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:51 PM   #37
New Boot

How far east should I go to be able to tape it? I'm in PA, will that work?

It's amazing what shows up online. (lol)
Dale Mellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM   #38
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
Hey, I live right buy one of the few ountains around atlanta (no not stone). So I'll just run up there when that 1000 foot wave comes. More likely I'll just drive to alabama....well on second thought maybe not
Is that banjo pickin' I hear?

IIRC, the wave should be 200 meters or a little over 600 feet, so I think you'll be OK at 1000 feet elevation. Then again, it's not my fantasy so what do I know? I'll be in the Stinson, just in case.

The concept of beachfront property will be rather transitory.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:32 PM   #39
Regular Crew

600 feet? well there goes florida!
I saw on the news today about what would happen if a cat 3 hurricane hit NYC. let's just say things would be soggy all over....wall street would get 7 feet of water!
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:44 PM   #40
Inner Circle

The Wave

I just dropped in and its a good thing. Up here in Saskatchewan Canada It would never get here.
But I do have old friends who would live to die surfing a 200 foot title wave and for that reason I forwarded the information. Just dont Pearl and remeber to pull out before the big break!!! One heck of a ride.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM   #41
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Michael
Is that banjo picking' I hear?

IIRC, the wave should be 200 meters or a little over 600 feet, so I think you'll be OK at 1000 feet elevation. Then again, it's not my fantasy so what do I know? I'll be in the Stinson, just in case.

The concept of beachfront property will be rather transitory.
He's on a, MUD, mountain ;)

It doesn't matter how high you are, it's all about energy in waves. So, a 30 foot wave could be forced up a 1000 foot slope covering it with 10cm of water and causing you to slide down it, to your DOOM ;). But it would be more then pretty rare to have a 30 foot wave that could do that, or any wave. Most likely it would just cause the mountain to crumble, to your doom!

So, plan for 1000 foot wave, helicopter with extra fuel and rations, seeds, chickens, ducks, goats and sheep, hang the cattle underneath, the most stable mountain left after the flood, for a landing platform, and climbing gear.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM   #42
New Boot

But what if there are more fragments than he expects?

What if one hits your helicopter?!?

I wonder how many people buy into this sort of thing?
Dale Mellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:52 AM   #43
Wrangler

tick tock tick tock tick tock

that's the sound of the doomsday clock ticking down.

some days it's good to live at a 6000 ft. elevation.....the only thing hammering on us here is that chimerical GLOBAL WARMING which doesn't exist. unless you're used to seeing glaciers in the high country where now there are none....

oddly, the stock market is laying out a pretty good set-up for a crash day on the 25th...not saying this will happen, just saying that the set-up is growing increasingly favorable for this to happen. or highly unfavorable, if you're sitting on a lot of stocks purchased three weeks ago....

the market mavens must be working very hard to get this to coincide this this whole tidal wave, meteor fragment event.....

conspiracies R us!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:27 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Look, the main point is we all only have a nother day or 2 to live before a monster wave gets us. Even at 6,000 ft your not safe. The alien overloards are really mad and their all set to throw some rocks at earth.

But, i'm willing to use my telepatthic powers to contact the overlords and have them call of the strike. Now you'll wonder why I would do this right? We'll I do it not for a reason but for a brand new xl2 or equal qaulity camera. It's not that high of a price to pay, all libing being son ewarth for one small new camera of reasonable quality.

Now think about htis, it's limited time offer
:P
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:13 PM   #45
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Mellinger
But what if there are more fragments than he expects?

What if one hits your helicopter?!?

I wonder how many people buy into this sort of thing?
Well, your not such a good helicopter pilot if you can't dodge the odd meteor fragment. "Hey, what's that flaming dart heading towards us? Do you think we should hover here or dodge it, and what are we doing out in the middle of the Atlantic thousands of miles away from a fuel source anyway?" Scary isn't it ;)

Chinese Whispers, notice how information about this event keeps changing, even though it was written down in the initial posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
tick tock tick tock tick tock

that's the sound of the doomsday clock ticking down.

some days it's good to live at a 6000 ft. elevation
Unless an passing alien space ship, or a meteor, passes buy and sucks off the upper atmosphere!

Quote:
oddly, the stock market is laying out a pretty good set-up for a crash day on the 25th...the market mavens must be working very hard to get this to coincide this this whole tidal wave, meteor fragment event.....

conspiracies R us!
Well maybe they are just trying to limit the damage to one day, to be more efficient. Hey, are you a member of the CIA?

True story (well allegedly, according to the register.co.uk) a few friends of a reporter go out to the country cornfields for a bit of fun own weekend. On going back to the pub, probably thinking of that dozy Mel Gibson film ("Awakenings", was it) they watch as everybody gathers about the New Crop circles. Seeing a bunch of crop circle chasers there theorising the origins of the marvel between themselves, they confess everything about how they did it with planks and rope, even the Mandelbrot shape patterns. Get this, the Crop Circle chasers then accuse them of being sent by the government to spread mis-information. Hilarious the Brits, odd coincidence that it seems a prime place for crop circles at the same time. I've seen alleged evidence that rules out people with planks and rope for all the circles, and I doubt aliens are involved though (besides walking around in circles with planks of wood, in damp ground is bound to leave indentations that should be noticeable to investigators). I mean these aliens are supposed to be intelligent, if they want to send the people of America or England a message, why don't they write it in "English"! Actually why don't they hack into a net server and send an email to everybody on the planet, or televise it on TV! Stuff, these mysterious little, stage shy, aliens, not only do they waste time on mysterious little messages in corn, they have to pick a guy to tell that a portion of the planets population is goign to be wiped out, with enough lead way that he could publish a book to make a profit from it. Hello, why not just land on the president of CNN lawn and give a statement, or better yet, couldn't you have beamed it into the head of the President of the USA?
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51