Videography opportunity of a lifetime - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 24th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #46
Major Player

The end is near :P
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Ok, so are we dead? or is that in another day or two? It's humid here, but I dunno if I'd say we're underwater
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #48
Regular Crew

huh, maybe this is real

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...8F785FE95C.htm
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #49
Air China Pilot

Eric Julien's website appears to be down.

Perhaps it is being titled "SavelivesinJuly".
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #50
Inner Circle

This thread linked on that page is of interest. Apparently this comet is splitting into fragments, but I briefly scanned the article and didn't see an Earth fly by date.

http://www.physorg.com/news67263241.html

Does it matter that comets are largely made up of ice and loss debris. What does a ice-ball plus a fireball in the atmosphere equal, gas and water vapor and some, mostly loss, debris. The amount of energy released equals weight times speed. How much does frozen water and gas weight compared to rock? Given that comet, or rock, will either have around the same speed, or the comet much less as it fans out in the atmosphere, and that every time you halve the speed the energy is going to be 4 times less. So a hit might have little chance of actually causing a catastrophic failure in the volcanic region by the time the energy gets to the see floor, unless the sea floor is very fragile (I'm taken that the strike is supposed to be on water) which means such a catastrophe was likely to happen anyway, with or without a meteor, unless the build up or energy was due to rise and settle down before reaching near the pinnacle of volcanic cascade.

I'm winging it here, but from my little knowledge that seems to be it. So yes, if it happens and doesn't strike in in a big pile, it will still be dangerous from the bits of debris, the ones that don't get burned up in the atmosphere.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #51
Trustee

well guys I just got back from my trip to the middle of the ocean, I rented a military helicopter and a mini dv camera (would've rented an HD cam but those military copters are pricey) we hovered there for 24 hours (it uh had a big gas tank) and I came back with nothing but footage of waves and sky.

So I'm making this officially the last time I trust a videography gig off of the area 51 forum, from now on it's strictly craigslist, at least with craigslist it's humans that stiff me for pay on a crappy shoot, to be stiffed by a completely different entity, well that's too much to bare.
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #52
Inner Circle

Well, I saw there were showing massive underwater volcanic explosions in the pacific on the news yesterday.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51