New HD Camera Speculation - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old August 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Oh, yes, I did read that thread and it was interesting, the speculation just seemed a little more confident and specific this go-round.
Betsy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #17
Trustee

I appreciate the heads up and I changed my post. I’m more used to exaggerating about what the Next Sony Z1u will look like by saying that it will have a Blu-Ray drive.
Sorry if I caused any trouble.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #18
Trustee

Betsy Moore,
Some interesting information about Sony’s new camcorder has popped up in a few places but there is still no word of 24p so far.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Moore
That's a wonderful prospect, Stu:) Is it a guess (this is Area 51 so guesses are welcome) or have you been getting some interesting info? And if so do you think it'll offer the notorious 1080 24p?
I tend to agree with Paulo that 24p isn't going to happen with this (alleged!) new Sony HDV cam. But if it happens it will be a little bit ground-breaking in that it will be Sony's first Hi-Defintion 3CMOS machine.

Previously they had the PC1000 which was relatively short-lived & 3CMOS but it was Standard-Definition.

Betsy - what can i say? I wouldnt post info that i wasn't pretty confident was going to happen...

But still, it IS Area51 so you really have to form your own opinion really until/if anything official is announced.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #20
Major Player

Tru, dat, Stu, tru dat...
Betsy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #21
Major Player

double posted, not sure why that happened. Sorry.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Moore
Tru, dat, Stu, tru dat...
and i just want to say one more thing that i never post up info on a hunch or for any pretentious sensationalism or any rubbish like that. - too old for stuff like that..
- its just not me at all, i just post up info for the interest of people on this board when i'm pretty darn (i'd use another word starting with dam and ending in n but it'd probably get filtered out...) certain that it's true.

(But of course... caveat/disclaimer and all that stuff..)
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51