Sony HDV with interchangable lens??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony HDV with interchangable lens???

Do you think Sony will every come out with a HDV camera with interchangable lens mount? Maybe even a tape transport to hold there DVCAM size HDV master tapes which would work great with the 25 and new 1500 decks. Somewhat of a high end PRO/PROsumer camera. ranging in the $15K to $25K range. Oh yeah with a better Lux rating. Would love to see it someday.
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Forgot to mention bigger than a shoe box give us some weight. Just a thought
Old April 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Wrangler

Something like this maybe? http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...sp=11&id=83381

Visit our XDCAM forum for more info: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=114
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Major Player

I thought Sony (along with Panasonic) announced that AVCHD was the future and therefore HDV would fall by the wayside in the next couple years.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #5
Major Player

Boyd, if I could get the XDHDcam with a HD lens for under $25K I would say thats what Im looking for. Also to change from a Avid Adrenaline system setup for HDV going the tapeless route would even be more of a expense probably pushing the cost of XDHDcam along with a new deck and software upgrades in $70K to $80K range or more. Its going to be a tough road for allot of folks to make the change to tapeless when so much is involved to switch from HDV to tapeless. I say just make a true ENG type HDV camera for those of us who enjoy the feel of true shoulder mounted cameras with lens options.I am all for tapeless HD and I am sure allot of other people are also, hopefully NAB will show us some new options this year.
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #6
Major Player

You can get the Sony PDW-F330 with a HD lens for less than $25,000. You do not need a deck to bring in, edit and output XDCAM HD back to camera on XDCAM disc. You work with File Access Media (FAM).

FCP, Avid, Vegas and others will all handles this workflow now. Some work better than others.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #7
Major Player

I have moved from HDV to working with HDV and XDCAM HD and all it cost besides the Camera/Lens was upgrading Avid Xpress Pro to version 5.7.

$50. The real cost is moving from SD to HD. If you decide to do that, then there will always be software upgrade costs, monitors and other hardware involved.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #8
Major Player

the pricing I have seen for the XDHDcam is around 17K without a lens and a good HD lens is between 11K up to 19K(with teleconverter). I hope your right about the price being under 25K, I will check on this soon. Also with the editing setup we have right now we would have to get a deck simply because our cameras are usually on the road and we are running on a huge unity system among 10 edit stations. So we would have to do some serious upgrading. I sure wish I could find some info on how people and production houses are making a complete jump from HDV to XDHD tapeless. We are in the DVD, TV, Internet buisness and I truly think we should get to the point where our time is less batching and capturing and more time editing and being creative and tapeless would allow that but for now we are HDV. Thanks for the info
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51