How do you mount your Ninja? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old June 5th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #1
Major Player

How do you mount your Ninja?

Happy Canon C100 shooter here, but adding a Atomos Ninja Blade to my kit.

For most everything I do, the internal C100 codec works fine. However, I'm about to embark on a project that requires me to deliver broadcast at broadcast specs- 60i 4:2:2 high bit rate. Like so many before me, I'm turning to the Ninja Blade.

However, I'm wondering what the best way to mount the Ninja blade to the camera is? It is a fast pace shoot, where I will be alternating between a monopod, tripod, and even a rare bit of handheld work. So I need a solution that is self contained.

Already I have a base plate with a short set of rails to hold follow focus and matte box with french flag. I know many people use a hot shoe mount, but I'm not sure I want the blade up that high on the camera. This project is going to require the camera to be up pretty high on the tripod already, and putting the Blade on top would add an extra challenge in camera operation.

Now, its not like this is a problem with no solution- I have lots of ideas for how to mount the Ninja Blade already. But I am curious what others have done, or if anyone has learned anything in regards to what doesn't work.

If you feel so inclined, I would love to hear what lessons you have learned from experience when it comes to using the Ninja Blade. Pictures of your rig would also be helpful.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun